Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Problems Help Appreciated

Options
  • 19-11-2011 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

My sister's Dell Inspiron 1525 is having problems connecting to our Eircom network. It's able to connect to other networks but refuses to connect to our home broadband. Hooking it up using an ethernet works but obviously, this isn't a practical solution. I've tried troubleshooting but to no avail. Any help or advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Shiroki wrote: »
    My sister's Dell Inspiron 1525 is having problems connecting to our Eircom network. It's able to connect to other networks but refuses to connect to our home broadband. Hooking it up using an ethernet works but obviously, this isn't a practical solution. I've tried troubleshooting but to no avail. Any help or advice appreciated.

Hi Shiroki,

Thanks for your query on eircom's Forum on Boards.

I suggest you try the following:

1) www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'Limited or no connectivity'

This will remove any corrupted 'preferred netork' and allow you to create a 'new' wireless connection on your laptop.

2) www.eircom.net/tutorials - Find the Security Key'
    Try a test wireless connection: - 'Change the SSID and Wireless Key to something else' -
    Also, try changing the wireless encryption type from Wep to WPA-PSK
    (www.eircom.net/tutorials - Change wep to wpa ).

For e.g : Try changing the SSID to something basic like : router1
    and change your wireless key to something basic like : password1 (small letters)

3) Take a look at some of the following suggestions for improving your wireless connection : LINK - including changing your wireless channels.

If you're still having a problem connecting your computer to the wireless network, then please call into eircom Technical Support:

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement