Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed up them BF3 level load times!

Options
  • 19-11-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.uiscommunity.co.uk/home/m/2472935/article/408963/page/2
    If you are having really long load times on Battlefield 3 then follow these guides on how to fix.

Nvidia Cards.

Open up Nvidia Control Panel
    Click on Manage 3D Settings
    Click on Program Settings
    Select Battlefield 3 in the drop down box (If it's not there click add and find bf3.exe located C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3)
    Find Threaded optimization
    Turn On
    Click Apply

You should now have fast load times when changing maps :)

AMD/ATI Cards

Download ATT http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733
    Install
    Right click on the icon in the bottom right corner of your screen
    Click on Tweaks
    Click on Advanced Tweaks
    In the drop down box select Multi Threaded Support
    Change to 2 or 4 (Depending on how many cores you have on your CPU)
    Make sure the radio box above is ticked
    Click apply

This should fix it for you :)

I have an ATI card, and can confirm it worked for me. Ensure you install/run the ATI program as an admin. Got the level load times down to about 30-40 seconds (down from a few minutes). As I've a quad core, I changed the "max core" value to "4" and it worked like a charm :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cool will try it.

I crash loading every new map so i should be able to crash faster :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

lol it made my pc instant bsod on startup after i installed it (using the ati version) :eek:

Even had cpu and gpu at stock but no luck.

Thank fook for safe mode so i could uninstall it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Get an SSD tbh, im loading in less than 10 seconds without having to use this tip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Didn't make any difference here. GTX 580.

I need an ssd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

I use a ssd and load up a new map with 30 seconds on the clock before anyone can move and that's with a old dual core processor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Anyone using an Nividia Card (made by Asus)

I was getting crashes every single round change

Got rid of microsoft security essentials and then disabled the asus card utility program.

Has worked perfect for me.
    Will prob not fix everyones problem though.

Saw the asus card utility thing on some forum where other users where getting the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

tried it with my gtx570 and didnt see any improvement. It was already set to auto. FFS an i7 with a gtx570 a new hd with 3/4 free space and many many times by the time i load up there have been 2 bases taken or on rush 1 station triggered :(
    I wonder are the guys who start first on pentium 1's and have the lowest settings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Zedrayas

Good on you for posting this , it has always annoyed me about how long BF3 takes to boot a map the first time you load one durin' a day :P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

SSD made an enormous difference for me on this and for everything else in general. I highly recommend the minimal spend and the slightly annoying setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

+ 1 for SSD brought my load times from well over a minute to less than 10 seconds and SSD's have got so cheap now , there's no excuse

• Advertisement
Advertisement