Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BnM briquettes EUR 3.19/bale at Brooks

Options
  • 19-11-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Brooks (builders merchants) in Sandyford Co Dublin (and I assume elsewhere) have BnM peat briquettes at EUR 3.19 / bale. That's cheaper than I've seen or heard of elsewhere, for small quantities at least.

They also have coal, snow shovels, and other stuff for winter. I got a cheapie snow shovel for EUR 7.99.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Fyi. The cost price for the briquettes is € 2.70

Just some thing I know

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Eddies are doing them for €29.70 for 10 bales collected

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good price.. cheapest I've seen them locally is 3 for €10.

I get the wrapped / no name briquettes for 4 for €10.. but parents have the BnM ones and they do look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

ninty wrote: »
    Eddies are doing them for €29.70 for 10 bales collected

Do they open on Sundays? Nothing on their www site re opening hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mancity1

Basq wrote: »
    Good price.. cheapest I've seen them locally is 3 for €10.

I get the wrapped / no name briquettes for 4 for €10.. but parents have the BnM ones and they do look better.

Hi Basq seeing your a fellow Sligo person who does the wrapped briquettes for that price in Sligo? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mancity1 wrote: »
    Hi Basq seeing your a fellow Sligo person who does the wrapped briquettes for that price in Sligo? Thanks
    Sligo Fuels / McPartlands down the Quays (down past Connacht Gold)... they sell the 4 bales of wrapped briquettes for €10 or the 3 bales of BnM briquettes for €10.

Can't complain for the price.. they're great!

Basq wrote: »
    Sligo Fuels / McPartlands down the Quays (down past Connacht Gold)... they sell the 4 bales of wrapped briquettes for €10 or the 3 bales of BnM briquettes for €10.

Can't complain for the price.. they're great!

Thanks Basq think they're made in Estonia have used them and BnM before can't find any difference between the 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Grange Builders Providers do BnM for 2 euro 99 a bale.

mancity1 wrote: »
    Thanks Basq think they're made in Estonia have used them and BnM before can't find any difference between the 2

How about 2 pallets (184 bales) for 400 euro.:D

Some heat off them too.:)

DSCF9107.jpg
    DSCF9699.jpg

paddy147 wrote: »
    How about 2 pallets (184 bales) for 400 euro.:D

Some heat off them too.:)

Thats a great price only problem is if i had that many in stock I mighn't leave the house looking at a fire all day:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

pa990 wrote: »

Just some thing I know

Do tell !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ashtermartin

pa990 wrote: »

Just some thing I know
    Thats actually incorrect, its quite a bit more than that inc VAT and when you add in haulage costs etc its more again,
    your price is close to ex VAT and ex haulage price but when you are keeping everything above board it costs more,
    This is something I definitely know!
    so when you see builders providers selling for so cheap they have cut margins down so low its ridiculous they are using the briquettes as basically a loss leader and hoping you buy other products(works most of the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plonker

where can you get them for that price Paddy147?
    are they delivered or do you collect?
    I'm interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Its a cash business. VAT and cash. Need I say more.

I,d say €2.70 sounds about right + VAT. Margins are low but providers aren't stupid. In fairness this is all hearsay. So Ashtermartin please give some info if "This is something I definitely know!"

Everybody wants cheap fuel to heat our houses. This 2% VAT increase is going to push more money onto the cash route and lose even more € for the government. This shower are only marginally better than the last shower. How high can you pile shyte? Enda Kenny shovelling it since 2011. Fine Fail bull-dosing it since the 90,s.

Now if thats not a vote of confidence then I call me skippy and give me a couple oneway tickets to Aussie land. :D

estonia

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ashtermartin

Its a cash business. VAT and cash. Need I say more.

I,d say €2.70 sounds about right + VAT. Margins are low but providers aren't stupid. In fairness this is all hearsay. So Ashtermartin please give some info if "This is something I definitely know!"

Everybody wants cheap fuel to heat our houses. This 2% VAT increase is going to push more money onto the cash route and lose even more € for the government. This shower are only marginally better than the last shower. How high can you pile shyte? Enda Kenny shovelling it since 2011. Fine Fail bull-dosing it since the 90,s.

Now if thats not a vote of confidence then I call me skippy and give me a couple oneway tickets to Aussie land. :D

€2.70 is generally the price quoted for artic loads of bnm briquettes bought from a NI supplier ex VAT on production of a valid roi VAT number. Importer is obliged to declare to revenue (doesn't happen)

Same deal on coal, evidence all over donedeal. When bought direct from bnm + VAT + haulage the full load price works out close to €3/bale take into consideration wages, insurance, + other overheads and there's little to be made / bale
    Come December though there will be a major clamp down on this practice as all fuel merchants have to register with EPA, this will also restrict the high sulphur coal from the north.
    Everyone wants cheap fuel but it's getting harder to make ends meet with the undercutting going on which is driving the increase in the black economy.
    all the builders providers are actually making penny's on a bale just to turn cash in winter months, all above board too I might add. Which is good news for the consumer.
    The VAT increase will not affect fuel as its @13.5% but the carbon tax will, obviously.
    Hope that clears things up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

If you are local to either of the BNM Briquette Factories in Offaly or Tipperary - you can deal directly with them. Give them a call to check the price and always give them a call to check that they have bales. They sometimes have loose briquetts available, though these are generally broken and smaller (may not be if you are luck). Still burn great in the fire.

You do not have to buy big loads from them. You can buy smaller amounts, certainly as little as 20 bales or less.

Details for Briquette factory locations are:

Derrinlough Briquette Factory
    Fivealley, Birr, Co. Offaly
    T: 057 9133057
    F: 057 9133043

Littleton Briquette Factory
    Thurles, Co. Tipperary
    T: 0504 44215
    F: 0504 44225

Thank you for the very informative and serious reply. It will be good to see what happens in December. Alot of fuel merchants sell that coal. Smokeless coal is dirty enough! Wood is cleanest.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Deesse

I've just bought 3 bales for 10 quid near Dalkey. Anything any cheaper in the south Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 eml

Just getting ahead of myself, but does anyone know of any deals? I saw one that was 4euro a bail, 3 for 15e (1e savings). I read an earlier post about Eddies which are 3 bails for 10e collected from Dublin 13.

Is there any cheap listings for Bails of Peat? AM in D.14 area...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

might be of use to some

list of depots selling coal / brickettes

http://www.bordnamonafuels.ie/trade/fuel-depot-locations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

eml wrote: »
    I saw one that was 4euro a bail, 3 for 15e (1e savings). .
    :eek:

Not much of a bargain there!

omega42 wrote: »
    might be of use to some

list of depots selling coal / brickettes

http://www.bordnamonafuels.ie/trade/fuel-depot-locations

Fuel Depot Locations

Coal Depots *Trade only, not open to the general public.

Of use to some is right ;)

Grange Builders Providers in Baldoyle Dublin13 sell BnM bales for 3 euro a bale.

No limit on the amount you can buy.

They will also deliver FOR FREE to the surrounding Dublin post code areas too,once the order is over 50 euro in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 eml

Hi all,
    well today i brought the aul one up to Woodies in Sandyford as I found out that 'pensioners' get 10% off on Thursdays..
    BnM Bale Briquettes are 2 for 7.50euro
    BM Air Dried Logs 5euro each
    Eco Flame 10pack 6kg Fire Bale are 2 for 7euro..

Plus 10% off that I was delighted with self, but means I can only buy on Thursdays and must collect the mother!!

eml wrote: »
    Hi all,
    well today i brought the aul one up to Woodies in Sandyford as I found out that 'pensioners' get 10% off on Thursdays..
    BnM Bale Briquettes are 2 for 7.50euro
    BM Air Dried Logs 5euro each
    Eco Flame 10pack 6kg Fire Bale are 2 for 7euro..

Plus 10% off that I was delighted with self, but means I can only buy on Thursdays and must collect the mother!!

You are still getting done on the price....even with the 10% OAP discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

3 for €10 in buylo

Advertisement