Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GearBox Needed (Honda, Fit, 2003, Automatic)

Options
  • 19-11-2011 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi,
    I need used gearbox transmission for Honda, Fit, 2003, 1.3 L, Automatic ... as soon as possible ... and in a very good condition ..

<SNIP>

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Not a good idea to post up your phone number and email address.

Where have you tried so people can recommend elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ali_85

sorry ... I'm always outside and I hoped to get reply ASAP ...!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Far as I know your gearbox is the CVT box, which would be rare as hell. There's 3 different auto boxes on the fit/jazz

Try naas gearbox centre

Why do you think you need a new one?

I need used one not new one as it is so expensive

Do you know how much is the used one approximately ??

Ok let me rephrase:

Why do you think you need a different gearbox, is the existing one beyond repair?

• Advertisement

it can be repaired but it will cost me more than changing it with another one ... as i need to change a part which will cost 850 Euro !!! but changing all of it with used one from scrub will cost less than 550 Euro including the handwork as I heard ?

I think you need to do your sums again. The price of 550 including labour isn't realistically going to happen on a jap import car with a cvt box that is as rare as hens teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭valtra8150

is it that you need a gearbox as nobody can fix it. we can fix them like strip them down and rebuild them normal garages just order a new one we can open them up we have experience if you want our number just give me a mail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Hi OP, your Honda Fit/Jazz is indeed a CVT, if the wrong oil is used it can destroy your box, they seem to discuss it here:http://rayazmuthalif.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/how-to-avoid-cvt-gearbox-failures-in-honda-city-fit-jazz-a-sri-lankan-perspective/

maybe see if you can get one imported.

Advertisement