Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody a fan of George RR Martin? Books 1-4 for 24 euro

Options
  • 19-11-2011 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

I've shopped off the site a good few times and it's very good. If the book is preety cheap it may take a little bit longer to arrive, but its worth it. Just a bit of a note. Because its free post i'd say you won't get the box. Lol, not a big deal I know, but i'd say (this is just my opinion) that they'll send you the four books in packaging rather than the box, you know?

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Game-Thrones-Story-Continues-George-Martin/9780007448050?a_aid=12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Cheers Tym. Well spotted. I've used that site a few times. Very dependable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Poochie05

They are also currently selling for €6.95 each in Tesco if you want to get your hands on them immediately, although Book 3 is split in 2 so the 5 books work out at €34.75.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Cheers OP, just tried to order there and they don't take Laser :( Balls!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

They are also 3for 2 in Eason's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

@ Purple_Bobbin

Are you sure? I've used 3v there and it worked out grand. I hope they do:S Lol, i've been using 3v and I just found the wonders of a debit cardXD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Great books. Well the first three are anyway... that's as far as I have got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Great books. Well the first three are anyway... that's as far as I have got.

Good find. Ya they're great, however, A Feast for Crows is an absolute slog. Had to force myself to finish it.

Oafley Jones

I disagree. A lot of people say that, but I actually liked that book. Mind you most of the big moments were spoiled for me in the series.
    Jon Snow, Tywin, Robb Stark, Maybe Ned Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

They are also on amazon.De for 12.95 plus 6e for postage

orchidsrpretty
    Oh lol just kind of have to ask this. They're 1-4. not like just one book?:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tym wrote: »
    orchidsrpretty
    Oh lol just kind of have to ask this. They're 1-4. not like just one book?:P
    Nope, same set as above.

Edit: actually.. does Amazon.de set only have 4 physical books instead of 5? Doesn't have A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Basq wrote: »
    Nope, same set as above.

Edit: actually.. does Amazon.de set only have 4 physical books instead of 5? Doesn't have A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold.

In some countries, A Storm of Swords was released in one volume.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

pmg58 wrote: »
    In some countries, A Storm of Swords was released in one volume.

It is known.

Words are wind

Lol I wasn't making a dig, just wanted to say thatXD

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭magmay

Set of 6 George R R Martin books currently on the Amazon Black Friday deal for £18.99

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0007477163

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why would you buy a set when the series isnt finished? Ill wait for all the books to be released before Id buy a boxed set like this, should only be about 20 years or so to wait now if GRRM sticks to his usual speed...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Set of 6 George R R Martin books currently on the Amazon Black Friday deal for £18.99

Thats a great price for a heck of alot of reading!!! They are big books with loads happening.

Anyone any idea when the last book if due out?? Probably not until 2020!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Just purchased the deal on Amazon - they sneakily jacked up the price to make it look like a great deal though!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Little A wrote: »
    Thats a great price for a heck of alot of reading!!! They are big books with loads happening.

Anyone any idea when the last book if due out?? Probably not until 2020!!!

Read this morning that the 6th book is due in 2014. No idea on the 7th. I'd imagine it'll be 2017 or 2018 at the earliest though!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

garion wrote: »
    Read this morning that the 6th book is due in 2014. No idea on the 7th. I'd imagine it'll be 2017 or 2018 at the earliest though!

I read a few weeks ago that it was due in 2015. the book that came out last year was due in 2006 though, so i wouldnt expect this to be out on time either :(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thargor wrote: »
    Why would you buy a set when the series isnt finished? Ill wait for all the books to be released before Id buy a boxed set like this, should only be about 20 years or so to wait now if GRRM sticks to his usual speed...

umm so you can read the books that are written and don't have to order them all separately, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I mean a box set though, I always wonder when I see them on the shelves in a bookshop aswell, whats the point if the series isnt finished? Why not save yourself 50 quid by reading them secondhand or dirt cheap from Amazon Marketplace or a library or whatever then buy the box set when its finished?

Advertisement