Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valid stats for Irish websites

Options
  • 19-11-2011 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello,
    Could someone please recommend the best place to get website stats? Similar to the JNRS and JNLR figures for press and radio i would like to get some idea of traffic numbers to the most popular irish sites?
    Not even just Irish sites but they would be my primary concern right now. Surely we don't need to chase what each site says publicly do we?
    Appreciate any guidance.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

you could get a list of them from Alexa, then use Google Ad planner to get rough traffic estimates.

But estimates are all you're going to get - I'd imagine for many sites exact traffic figures could be commercially sensitive information, and on one's under any obligation to publish details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Have a look at www.irelandmetrix.com as well.

Heh, shows what I know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Actually, if someone is in discussions about advertising etc, is there a way a website owner can share her Google Analytics data in an "official" and reliable way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

You can add people to view your account but this means that they can view your stats at any time. Make sure you don't add them as an Admin!

There are plenty of reports available in GA that be outputted as a PDF or Excel. If a client wanted stats perhaps you could output the last month of data (or year). This means that they have the info but not ongoing access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Exactly - the nice put about the pdf report is that it can be emailed from the GA dashboard to another person and should be from their email account (ok possible easily replicated! - but still)
    Granting access is possibly the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

MOH wrote: »
    you could get a list of them from Alexa

Wouldn't trust it. Gave less then 10% of actual traffic for my site last month.

My site is Ireland hosted , but most of my traffic is from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Na the majority of those metrix systems are an absolute sham, tried and tested but the legitimate ones that give axxcess to the above site seem to be pretty good.

Google analytics has an option to actually send updated daily metrics to your email address without logging in and you can cc other people in on this. Obviously it doesnt need to be accessed as you can see in a neat pdf what traffic is driving with what keywords etc, also i have received an email yesterday stating that google analytics were introducing a major overhaul to its system with further indept metrics..

Which can only be a great thing for all of us to actually pursue how we drive traffic.
    Btw great share on that irish metrix site.. tis a good un !!

Thanks

also i have received an email yesterday stating that google analytics were introducing a major overhaul to its system with further indept metrics..

Those that they believe you're worthy to see, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tk92

Thanks a million for the informative replies. irelandmetrix.com looks good, certainly gives me something solid to work with.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement