Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metalman - had my first pint of it last night

Options
  • 18-11-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭

My Jesus they've struck gold with this pale ale, fantastic stuff.

Highly recommend it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

One of my favourites. I'm not a huge fan of galway hooker (although i'll admit i'm in a minority there) but o'haras ipa and metalman are great irish beers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Try to find it on cask, fantastic beer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

It's nice, I can't say it's amazing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

It's nice, I can't say it's amazing though.

Give us an example of a beer you would consider amazing? I'm trying to broaden my beer drinking repertoire!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

My Jesus they've struck gold with this pale ale, fantastic stuff.

Highly recommend it.

Drink this every now and again and really like it too.

Had 2 pints on Saturday evening and thought it tasted different than usual.
    But I had also had tasted a Hop Head beer about 30 mins before hand so maybe my taste buds were a bit mixed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Had 2 pints on Saturday evening and thought it tasted different than usual.
    Funny you say that. I was out on Saturday and I had a few pints of it and I thought it was lovely. When it came out first I wasn't a huge fan of it, thought it was too tame, but that seems to be the beauty of it. It's a great session beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Definitely one ot the top beers on the go at the moment (irish or otherwise), particularly on cask!

I liked it so much I managed to get the Hodson Bay to stock it for my wedding! (where we proceeded to drink the lot - was definitely a hit!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Funny you say that. I was out on Saturday and I had a few pints of it and I thought it was lovely. When it came out first I wasn't a huge fan of it, thought it was too tame, but that seems to be the beauty of it. It's a great session beer.

Yeah I reckon it was the Hop Head I had before hand that changed my taste buds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

only go to the bars in waterford now that serve Metalman, wonderful stuff

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

After hearing of this a few times but not seeing it in any pubs im usually in(against the grain).. I just looked it up to see it being sold in porterhouse central..
    Work Christmas party this Saturday in the porterhouse central with a free bar.... :D

Oh boy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭redlead

Fantastic pale ale! You won't get better on draught!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭redlead

Does anyone in the know, know if they will be releasing any bottles of this? They seem to be concentrating on draught for the time being (good idea imo) and have recently released casks which I unfortunately have not had the chance to taste.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They plan to, but it'll be next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

redlead wrote: »
    Does anyone in the know, know if they will be releasing any bottles of this? They seem to be concentrating on draught for the time being (good idea imo) and have recently released casks which I unfortunately have not had the chance to taste.

I was talking to Grainne who is one of the directors of MM during the tall ships festival in the summer and she said that bottling would be in the pipeline in 2011, I cant wait personally, its a fantastic fruitty pale ale.

Advertisement