Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Opportunity

Options
  • 18-11-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, a job has come up at the company i work at and i've a query

the vacancy has one less lieu day for each pager week covered than my current. How do you put a monitery value on that extra day? Im trying to establish what would be a fair wage offer. Do i take the payment for a pager week, divide by 7 and say each lieu day lost = x or do i divide my current salary by 52 and then by 7 and theres the value of a day

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Hi, a job has come up at the company i work at and i've a query

the vacancy has one less lieu day for each pager week covered than my current. How do you put a monitery value on that extra day? Im trying to establish what would be a fair wage offer. Do i take the payment for a pager week, divide by 7 and say each lieu day lost = x or do i divide my current salary by 52 and then by 7 and theres the value of a day

Thanks
    anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

What is a pager week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

PK2008 wrote: »
    What is a pager week?
    a week of on-call after hour support

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

You can be sure your HR team have that calculated the mist advantageous way for their company. Do you have the maths on how it was calculated previously: should be in the HR or induction manual. If you can locate this directly from a HR source then you re semi sorted; but even at that there's no guarantees they havnt changed it fir the " new" role. ( ( I'm so cynical!)
    Do you work 7 on 7 off? Or is it a 5 day week?
    & do you take holidays, Christmas Days, easter, B Hols , Public Hols etc off your 365 - weekends, & then calculate your days from that!?

Advertisement