Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech TD8812

• 18-11-2011 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anybody know where I can source an Aritech TD8812 dialer for as cheap as possible and/or have instructions on how to fit it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try the suppliers sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Condor may be a good bet.
    Why do you want that particualr digi?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

It would be easier to install a voice dialer than one of these.
    You can source one cheap in CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12.
    01 409 7733/34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hartley1

Do you know what other currently available digi (not voice) dialers would be compatible with an Aritech CP42 panel?

hartley1 wrote: »

Do you know what other currently available digi (not voice) dialers would be compatible with an Aritech CP42 panel?

You could use one of these for text, but you would need a sim for it to work.

altor wrote: »
    You could use one of these for text, but you would need a sim for it to work.

Thanks, but I need it to hook up to a monitoring station.
    I'm prepared to pay the yearly monitoring contract fee in order to have Garda notification/response & an insurance discount. It will remain IS199 standard compliant but that's ok.

Thanks, but I need it to hook up to a monitoring station.
    I'm prepared to pay the yearly monitoring contract fee in order to have Garda notification/response & an insurance discount. It will remain IS199 standard compliant but that's ok.

That will be no good for you then.

It is an old panel, upgrading the system rather than going down the road of buying old parts to get it to work would be a better option. With the upgrade you will also have a verified alarm rather than just one activation going to a monitoring station plus it it will be up to the EN50131 standard.

altor wrote: »
    That will be no good for you then.

It is an old panel, upgrading the system rather than going down the road of buying old parts to get it to work would be a better option. With the upgrade you will also have a verified alarm rather than just one activation going to a monitoring station plus it it will be up to the EN50131 standard.

I know & that's true, but it depends on whether you're looking at it from an installer or an end user's shoes.

From an installer's perspective I see your point as it's win win all the way....the installer gets more business by being paid for 3 things;
    1. installation of a brand new alarm system
    2. commission off a yearly monitoring contract
    3. a yearly maintenance contract comprising of 2 services per year to comply with EN50131 standard.

From an end user's perspective its not quite so rosy. You're throwing out a fully functional alarm system (why when all that technically needs to be replaced is a dialer), paying to install a brand new system & also paying for two yearly services just to comply with a new standard. That is on top of the yearly monitoring contract fee.

And for what?
    Sure the Guards MAY respond quicker to a verified alarm versus a non-verified alarm (it's at their discretion which to respond to first, if they respond at all), but an intruder would likely be well gone by the time they arrive anyway.

As for insurance, from my experience with my own insurance provider it makes no difference premium & cover wise which of the two standards the alarm complies to.

It's all about sweating the assets...a dialer is all that's technically needed here.

I know & that's true, but it depends on whether you're looking at it from an installer or an end user's shoes.

From an installer's perspective I see your point as it's win win all the way....the installer gets more business by being paid for 3 things;
    1. installation of a brand new alarm system
    2. commission off a yearly monitoring contract
    3. a yearly maintenance contract comprising of 2 services per year to comply with EN50131 standard.

From an end user's perspective its not quite so rosy. You're throwing out a fully functional alarm system (why when all that technically needs to be replaced is a dialer), paying to install a brand new system & also paying for two yearly services just to comply with a new standard. That is on top of the yearly monitoring contract fee.

And for what?
    Sure the Guards MAY respond quicker to a verified alarm versus a non-verified alarm (it's at their discretion which to respond to first, if they respond at all), but an intruder would likely be well gone by the time they arrive anyway.

As for insurance, from my experience with my own insurance provider it makes no difference premium & cover wise which of the two standards the alarm complies to.

It's all about sweating the assets...a dialer is all that's technically needed here.

I am looking at it from a free advice point of view plus as an installer I am giving you my views to be honest. If you want to get the older dialer and install it to this panel then you can source one cheap in CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD. I would not recommend you do so as if there are any other issues with the system or dialer then you would be out of pocket more. It is totally up to you what you do once you have being giving the options. I have also giving you advice about self monitoring the alarm system by connecting a voice or text dialer to your old system. That will cut out any reoccurring fees altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dikiedavis

How's things lads,
    I have a dialer the same as the above was enquiring about, I have an aritech cs350 alarm installed and working perfectly and I am looking to install this bad boy into my panel, I'm a sparks and have done my fair share of alarms, it's second hand as I got it while stripping out a job but I know it's working perfect, how or can I put this in to my panel? Any help would be great

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You wire the kepad connection from the panel to the dialler & wire the kepad to the plug on block on the dialler. To get into the digi use the engineer code 7812 . (Providing it hasn't been changed)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The TD8812 is for central station monitoring. It won't work as a self monitoring device. I'd suggest buying a stand alone voice/text dialler.

Unless there is a voice module on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »

Good luck trying to get one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dikiedavis

KoolKid wrote: »

Thanks lads, might just abandon ship on the idea of putting it in,
    If any one has use for one let me know

I Know. I was just considering the possibility there may be one on it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭tippgaafan

Old thread, but I have one of these if anyone is interested..

Too Old ...
    If your selling try Adverts.ie