Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which implant manufacturer ?

Options
  • 18-11-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

hi all
    i am currently looking into getting a number of implants, possibly 2 each side at the back and bottom (lower molars) and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on what would be a good choice.

i know that it is less of a consideration than the skill of the dentist doing the work and that many dentists will ony use a certain number of brands as i understand they need training in each system.... but a least this is an aspect i will have some control over.

'nobel biocare' and 'ankylar' have so far been mentioned to me as very reputable companies with very good clinical research behind their products

any comments???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Ankylos.....not ankylar. Yes these are a reputable brand (I have used them myself for nearly 4 years now) but I also use other brands. There are over 200 implant manufacturers on the market. There are benefits and flaws with all systems. If you trust the surgeon and their training then you can trust that they will use a system that works properly. Remember they have as much to gain as you you do and they don't want to have to do anything twice.

Beware very cheap systems as they don't have the literature backing them up. I don't know of any system available in the UK or Ireland that does not have good literature backup. I have seem some stuff from eastern europe, Turkey and around that I cannot identify or get parts for.

As you correctly state, its not the paint thats makes the painter good, but good painters use good paints.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

dubdad wrote: »
    any comments???
    Again, all down to the practitioner. I've two Brånemark implants from nearly ten years ago (I'm a big time sleep grinder) and I've had no problems. I'm getting a third implant soon after a recent sinus-lift procedure and the same surgeon has switched to BioNoble.

I really don't care as she's one of the best in Ireland and I know she'll have done her homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 whitelove

Hi, can you please let me know what dentist did you go to for implants. I am looking for dentist with good recommendation. Thank you

Advertisement