Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Structural Engineer in Sligo Area

Options
  • 18-11-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced structural engineer in the Sligo area?

Thinking of buying a property and need someone good to give it a good look over before buying. Have noticed some horizontal cracks on one side of the first floor level which I am worried about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭OhYesItIs

Hi Kevin.

very wise to get professionals in:

if it were me, i wouldnt worry too much about getting "reasonably priced engineers", as long as the reputation is good. The engineers/surveyors fee is small in comparison to buying a heap of trouble.

I've paid for surveyors and some of the best advice I ever got from them was "walk away"....

I can pm you 2 surveyors who have done work for me, but again, I feel a bit uncomfortable giving personal recommendations.

If it were me, I'd call the regulatory authority and ask for list of recognised/approved engineers/surveyors in the area...but thats just my 7 shillings and 6 pence worth....if u want those contacts from me, pm me.

Cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭OhYesItIs

PM sent Kevin:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hi, didn't want to open new thread. Can anyone recommend the same?(thinking about getting new house). Thanks

Advertisement