Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice for a science graduate - can't get work.

Options
  • 18-11-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I graduated with a degree in biotechnology this year but am having no luck getting a job.

There seems to be very little out there and most of the jobs require work experience in the field, which I have not got.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

I graduated with a degree in biotechnology this year but am having no luck getting a job.

There seems to be very little out there and most of the jobs require work experience in the field, which I have not got.

Any advice?

2 possible options to consider(not inclusive)

1. Offer to do work experience for no pay for 3-6months and then apply elsewhere or possibly you may get kept on
    2. Go abroad

Best of luck with all you options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

What about graduate placements?

A few of the major scientific companies have graduate programmes for science graduates.

Also, look towards the west for jobs. A few people in various companies in west midlands, Connaughts, Limerick have told me that they are physically unable to get any staff for some science positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭ClocksForward

Go elsewhere. I suggest Switzerland. This country obviously does not value your worth.

Advertisement