Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative mixer for gin?

Options
  • 18-11-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Tried gin and tonic for first time (for a change from vodka) the tonic was bleugh anyone know of another mixer I could try with gin the tonic is an acquired taste methinks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Gin and Grapefruit
    Gin and Applejuice
    Gin and Blackcurrent

And my favourite, Gin with Peach Schnapps [Archers of course] and Blackcurrent juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CD8ED

Gin and bitter lemon! :)

And stay away from fizzy mixers with yer Gin, unless you're into that sort of thing*

*freak

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Gin and ginger is lovely.

If you can get ginger beer and some lime it's particularly nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

Gin & Vodka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Hmm might try the juices I used to use the lemonade/cola with the voddie use half the bottle and the rest of it with the 2nd vodka but if juices go better with gin might try that instead of the fizzy drink. Ginger ale sounds intriging as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've had good results with red lemonade or Tanora.

Gin and Cranberry, for that dry taste. Exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

If you tried it with Tonic and a slice of lemon, try it again with a slice of lime.

For perfect results, add crushed ice, squeeze a slice of lime round the top of the glass, add another fresh slice and top up with tonic.

It's like a completley different drink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Try it with a slice of lime and slim line tonic.. slim line tastes a lot nicer.

gin with cucumber and tonic is also nice.

...... But maybe tonic isn't your thing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

What gin are you trying as well? If you're drinking Gordon's or something maybe try switching Bombay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I like gin and orange juice. Makes you feel like snoop dogg too, sipping on gin and juice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

KJ wrote: »
    I like gin and orange juice. Makes you feel like snoop dogg too, sipping on gin and juice!
    Gin with a slice of Orange and white lemonade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭overshoot

pa990 wrote: »
    Try it with a slice of lime and slim line tonic.. slim line tastes a lot nicer.
    its actually supposed to be a slice of lime with gin, just lemon kinda took off here... always lime where i work but id say we are well in the minority. always fun to experiment tho op!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Gin and orange juice is my favourite drink. If I'm having it at home, I'll stick in a few mint leaves from the garden too. It's delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Ginger beer is nice but beware of using it as a mixer it gives me acid reflux if im drinking it with alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭marketty

More Gin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Soda water and a slice of lime/lemon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 knotastic

alie wrote: »
    Gin with a slice of Orange and white lemonade

aye gin with a 3 cubes of ice and a bit of lemon zest or orange and a touch of cranberry is quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Vermouth, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Vermouth, of course.
    Gin and sin (cinzano)

Advertisement