Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcast music?

Options
  • 18-11-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I'm starting a podcast soon and I'm looking for royality free music and stings that I can download for free without buying a licence, any advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

There are probably lots of places but the free music archive i have seen referenced by others as being one such source.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cazador

thanks il give it a shot

cazador wrote: »
    thanks il give it a shot

i think what you can and can't do with tracks is listed on each track.

Here's another source which oshead on the photography forum just linked to

http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cazador

sweet nice one man I should be able to find something :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I listen to plenty of radio shows that are archived as podcasts, or podcasts in general where they play at least 20 second clips of (surely) copyrighted rock songs. Is there some free usage using it as a liner? Or do the RIAA not really look into podcasting? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,243 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I listen to plenty of radio shows that are archived as podcasts, or podcasts in general where they play at least 20 second clips of (surely) copyrighted rock songs. Is there some free usage using it as a liner? Or do the RIAA not really look into podcasting? :confused:

I think you can play it for 30 seconds without needing permission, but I'm not sure if that includes repeated usage as an intro. I know I've heard people say on some podcasts where they play part of a song and they had to turn it off before 30 seconds or else they'd have had to pay for it. But using it as an intro every week or whatever would probably be a different story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 colinmanning

http://www.musicalley.com/ has music for podcasts too.

Apple's iMovie, and GarageBand come with various loops and jingles that you can use for free too. But they are not very edgy.

Advertisement