Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coca Cola Christmas Truck coming to your town!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Saw the ad for the first time last night!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

For anyone loving the Christmas Coca Cola ads, this might very well interest you:

http://www.cokezone.ie/home/assets/xmas11/trucktour.jsp

What a shock, nowhere near my town, oh well...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I presume Galway is 27/11 and not 27/12???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

flutegirl wrote: »
    What a shock, nowhere near my town, oh well...:(

I wonder is it worth travelling for?
    Dont wanna drive for two hours to see something id see at a village paddys day parade!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It says for Wolftone Park
    "Start time 12pm. End time 6pm."

Must be an awful lot of trucks!! :eek: ;)

• Advertisement

I wonder is it worth travelling for?
    Dont wanna drive for two hours to see something id see at a village paddys day parade!

Gotta love those Paddy day parades ;)

If they're as nice as the trucks in the pictures it might be worth going to see. If you knew the route they were taking to travel to the variopus places you could watch them pass, e.g. for me along the n17 would be handy enough. I guess they'll be giving out cans of coke as well, surely the trucks wouldn't be empty :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hmm.. it says underneath the map on the website '12pm'
    Sorry, but if it's bright out I could see myself being pretty underwhelmed actually. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

Posy wrote: »
    Hmm.. it says underneath the map on the website '12pm'
    Sorry, but if it's bright out I could see myself being pretty underwhelmed actually. :(

+1 on that Posy... got all excited there for a moment but a truck in a big urban car park meh.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

+1 on that Posy... got all excited there for a moment but a truck in a big urban car park meh.. :rolleyes:

We came around a corner one evening in NYC around Christmas to find this Coca Cola truck all lit up, just sitting on the side of the road! It send shivers down my spine and I got all giddy :D They even had 'polar bears' walking around giving out free coke :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Anyone know if the truck stops in Mullingar?

I've been trying all day to find out on that website and can't find anything.

Any time I type Mullingar into the search box nothing happens :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If you scroll down to the end of the page it lists where it will be going. Cork, Dublin, Belfast and Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Bit of a let down, seems there's only 4 town's / cities in Ireland, and northern Ireland. worth visiting! That and the fact they only stay till 6pm is a bit silly. I'm sure they are best seen in the dark.

It would have been an idea to let people know the route they take and time the leave arrive at, would be better to see the trucks in convoy at night, rather than stationary during the day.

I would presume the time is 12-6, and the trucks probably arrive in convoy to their destination, give away a load of stuff and entertain people, and then when 6 nears, and it's dark out, they line up in and do a really slow drive away, out of the city (to the next destination)?

So if you stayed all day, you'd see them arrive and leave (brightness and darkness).

Youtube it; they did this in Germany and other such places (I think, been a while since I seen the videos).

You'd almost want to catch them on the motorway heading to the next place in order to get a decent photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I really want to go to the one in Dublin- if anyone goes to the cork/belfast ones first report back and let us know if it's worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm is the one in Galway the 27th then of this month or next.. i am hoping to see them tomorrow in mahon point but tis a disaster area to get too wish they had gone somewhere else but if i miss it i would most certainly go to galway to see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Woohoo... seems a local hotel in Buncranna in Donegal has managed to get the Coke lorry to visit their premise's on the 2'nd of December! Guess I'll get to see it after all :D

I don't know if this is a one off or other towns / premise's will be getting it, I google'd it, coke cola lorry comes to "X" (in my case i put donegal in the X) and came up with this article

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Woohoo... seems a local hotel in Buncranna in Donegal has managed to get the Coke lorry to visit their premise's on the 2'nd of December! Guess I'll get to see it after all :D

I don't know if this is a one off or other towns / premise's will be getting it, I google'd it, coke cola lorry comes to "X" (in my case i put donegal in the X) and came up with this article

Happy days!

oh man you're lucky! When I done the same search, but inserted Donegal Kerry, the line on the first link said: "Should you be in Alaska then you must be fishing. " from here :D.

Think I'll try and make it to Mahon tomorrow, or wait and go shopping in Galway when it's up there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

So did many people go to this in mahon point or belfast? was it any good?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

meh, would prefer to see the Budweiser Clydesdales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I can't check the link as it's blocked in work..

I know it's in Dublin today.. Is it just for today ?

where is it going after today ?

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I got to see the trucks yesterday!! They were driving through Blackrock, lights on and playing music. It was awesome, so much more than I thought it would be. Much cooler to see them moving like the ad- didn't bother going in to see them today cause of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Didnt have all the lights on when i seen it but still looked great! :D

385151_10150384143528837_725098836_8387378_477534063_n.jpg

It went back to the UK on tuesday!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jimbis wrote: »
    Didnt have all the lights on when i seen it but still looked great! :D

385151_10150384143528837_725098836_8387378_477534063_n.jpg

It went back to the UK on tuesday!;)

Holidays are comin, holidays are comin, holidays are comin....:D

leahyl wrote: »
    Holidays are comin, holidays are comin, holidays are comin....:D

If I could've given you more than the 1 'Thumbs up' thanks I would've. Holidays sure are a-comin'! :D

Advertisement