Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor shop

Options
  • 18-11-2011 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi all,

is there an Outdoor shop somewhere in Carlow? Or in some town nearby (anything nearer than Dublin)? I am looking for outdoor shoes and jackets of brands like Jack Wolfskin, Columbia, The North Face...

Thanks for any advise.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

There is a shop attached to whitewater shopping centre in newbridge that does alll outdoor stuff. All the army guys and girls i know buy stuff their to bolster their equipment. The guy who own's the shop was in the army for years and the staff really know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Have a look at the shop in Haddens at the top of the escalators (can't remember the name) as they stock some outdoor gear and may be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

lucyfur09: Ok, I guess I found it on google maps, seems to be the shop just next to the car park entrance. Will check it out, thanks.

tommycahir: Yeah, I've been there, but they only have Regatta's (at least for the most part). Thanks anyway for the tip.

That's the one coroner.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

If you dont find what you are looking for in Carlow, Padmore & Barnes on wolfe tone street in Kilkenny should have everything you need.

Maps link here
    (free parking in the back, through those red gates)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Kildare Village have North Face shop.

Thank you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I know of 2 hunting shops, one out the Dublin road (Not sure about how accurate that location is...) and one out the Portlaoise road.
    They should stock good jackets anyway.

Golf shops might have good jackets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

There's a golf shop in Strawhall industrial Estate that stock good quality rain gear.
    I got great water proof trousers there but I can't remember what sort of jackets they had.
    It might be worth a look.

Its beside Swans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    There is a shop attached to whitewater shopping centre in newbridge that does alll outdoor stuff. All the army guys and girls i know buy stuff their to bolster their equipment. The guy who own's the shop was in the army for years and the staff really know their stuff.

That's closed about a year afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,272 ✭✭✭✭fits

Padmore and Barnes or Kildare Village I'm afraid. I had this problem before. Nothing to be got in Carlow town.

testicle wrote: »
    That's closed about a year afaik.
    Did not know that. I never pay attention to shops unless i need to go in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

there is a outdoor and workwear store opposite whitewater car park entrance on the cutlery road.. definately opened

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Burrin equestrian near the turn off the Wexford road for Fenagh could be worth a look.

lucylu wrote: »
    there is a outdoor and workwear store opposite whitewater car park entrance on the cutlery road.. definately opened

It's the one that was beside the same entrance - All Seasons - that was being referred to above. It's closed.

http://maps.google.ie/?ll=53.178508,-6.797651&spn=0.005536,0.016512&t=m&z=17&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=53.178558,-6.797732&panoid=HyHZNMSUKXtxECJF6_xC1g&cbp=12,233.53,,0,0

The one lucylu refers to is open. Its across the road from the entrance to whitewater sc. Its located in the old premises of newbridge hire. On your map turn 90 degrees left (towards newbridge silverware) and its the first shop on the left with the silver golf parked at the gable end.On the map it looks empty but is most definitely open( i passed it today).

Cool, badly needed. Cheers!

So I've been in the Outdoor and Workwear shop over the weekend, but I must say that the shop is relatively small.
    I was looking for a jacket (waterproof with some sort of insulation) and basically only one got my attention. The seller (btw a nice guy) said that his stock is dependent on the weather. Can't comment on his other stuff. So either I wait for a colder weather or visit outdoor shops in Dublin. I guess the latter is gonna happen sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Or you could just go to Kilkenny.

Is there something else besides Padmore & Barnes? Outdoor section of their website has very few things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement