Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor Johnny Robinson Coming To Limerick

Options
  • 18-11-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Just heard that former X Factor contestant Johnny Robinson is confirmed as one of the acts at this years Limerick Toy Show - which starts in December.

It's apparently being held in the LIT Millenium Theatre and tickets are going fairly cheaply if anybody has kids who'd like a day out.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Never heard of him. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

You're not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

WOW!!!

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

neo2010 wrote: »
    ...... at this years Limerick Toy Show - which starts in December.

the WHAT ???

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Never heard of him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Never heard of him. :confused:

realitytv_x_factor_2011_contestants_house_10.jpg

He is the camp fella that was voted out a few weeks back, and who is being investigated in the UK for possible social welfare fraud as he was claiming disability benefits for a condition which he claimed made him unable to work due to lack of mobility, but was well enough to go on national tv for the X Factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

glad to say I have seen none of the X Factor this year, so don't know any of the contestants or who is even presenting. It's liberating!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Who in there right mind would pay good money to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭adaminho

Our Brian wrote: »
    Who in there right mind would pay good money to see him.

You're paying good money to support local charities!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

adaminho wrote: »
    You're paying good money to support local charities!

Now that is something I think everyone can agree on it being a very good thing.

I do think the Toy show would be a bigger draw with guests like Paul O'Connell, Andy Lee, Rubberbandits or trying for semi big names that have a Limerick connection who might do it for free or for a nominal fee like Jimmy Carr.

In my eyes the wannabe celebs that will no doubt show up are no major draw, and Johnny Robinson is not even Z-Lister material but is still going to be a bigger name than some of the folk walking about like they are celebs.

The hosts this year are pretty easy on the eye though.:D

Some great causes do benefit from the show, and the creator of it deserves loads of credit yet again this year for getting it up and going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

the WHAT ???

what he or she said...... can someone elaborate

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cyril from "Come Dine with Me" would have been a better choice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Heeeerrrrreeeessss Johnny :D
    image-3-for-editorial-pics-29-08-2011-gallery-84623310.jpg

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

I would pay to see him dressed like that :D

However......

Won't someone please think of the children :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

+1 on the "who?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

See the Toyshow is for young people... And the X Factor is the biggest TV show at the moment, I dont watch it but I know more about it thanks to the running commentary on my FB at the weekends!

So not to hurt any of ye oldies here who arent keeping up to date with the youth... but an X Factor star is going to draw alot of more attention than someone like Paul O Connell who can be seen any second day in Limerick or Jimmy Carr who kids wouldnt know!

Hope its a great success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

See the Toyshow is for young people... And the X Factor is the biggest TV show at the moment, I dont watch it but I know more about it thanks to the running commentary on my FB at the weekends!

So not to hurt any of ye oldies here who arent keeping up to date with the youth... but an X Factor star is going to draw alot of more attention than someone like Paul O Connell who can be seen any second day in Limerick or Jimmy Carr who kids wouldnt know!

Hope its a great success.

Less of the "oldies", thanks!

And plenty of under-20s don't fall for that rubbish either.

Paul O'Connell has plenty of deserved and hard-earned achievements to his name and would be a far more suitable role model for any age instead of some z-list so-called "celeb" with the level of "talent" that gets Louis "bands don't have instruments" Walsh excited and who won't be heard of this time next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nononsense

well I have to say been at The Limerick Toy Show this year looking at 1700 kids screaming for joy for the 5 shows it was really magical seen all the kids faces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PAaT69fLm8

Advertisement