Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding in Longford

Options
  • 17-11-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Getting married in north Longford next November. Looking for a venue, there are none in Longford, was thinking Athlone maybe? Any ideas? And recommendations for flowers, hair, make up, photographer appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

lough rynn and kilronan would be much closer than athlone to north longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

very true, never been to kilronan but I don't like lough rynn, too many little rooms, not for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Viewmount house in Longford. Or Wine port in Glasson. I think they both would hold 90-120 people. Not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Mullingar Park Hotel? Easy to get to, lots of parking, nice hotel, great function room.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Where abouts in North Longford are you having the wedding, its my neck of the woods.
    Theres loads of places within half an hour/ 45 mins of north Longford. This is a list off the top of my head;
    The Landmark in Carrick on Shannon, Co Leitrim
    The Pikers Lodge in Gowna, Co Cavan
    Crover House Mount Nugent, Co Cavan
    Viewmount House, Longford
    Mullingar Park Hotel, Mullingar
    Cavan Crystal Hotel, Cavan
    Hotel Kilmare, Cavan
    Raddison Farnham Estate, Cavan
    Shannon Key West, Rooskey, Leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

You'd be pretty close to cavan there too-was at a wedding in the Brefni arms in Arva a number of years ago-its been renovated since but i have good (but blurry) memories of the day. Carrick on Shannon might be an option either if Kilronan and Lough Rynn are in range-either the Landmark or the smaller family owned Bush Hotel do good weddings.

Re flowers give this lady a call:

http://www.callafloraldesign.ie/

they are based in Strokestown co Roscommon and cover this general area. I'm not an expert in flowers but i've used them a few times (for brownie points/almost forgotten birthdays/annniversaries) and they were very helpful and the 'experts' were always inpressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

I'm from only 3 miles from arva and I never thought of the Breffni. A case of couldn't see the forest for the trees in the way!
    The best thing to do is check out the ones you are interested in and gate crash a wedding for a half an hour or so to see what they're like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I'd head up to the Slieve Russel in Cavan. Have a great wedding!

Advertisement