Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Lessons in Cork - Recommendations?

Options
  • 17-11-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I have been swimming as a means of losing weight. I really want to improve my technique specifically my kicking. I would consider myself a strong enough swimmer. Today i did 100 laps of a 20m pool in 50mins which i thought wasnt bad for me. That included a quick dip in the jacuzzi at lap 75 which lasted around 3mins.

Most of the lessons i see are for beginners. Can anyone recommned somewhere that will give advanced lessons for people like me who just want to improve technique?

I am in Cork btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭swimforever

In my opinion the best place to go in Cork for swim lessons is Eilis Burns in Source Health and Fitness (Silver Springs). She coaches every level from absolute beginners right up to English Channel swimmers. She does both private and group lessons. The only problem is that it can be quite hard to get into her classes because she is so popular. The best thing to do is to call Source (021-4505128) and talk to them about putting your name down. If you ring during the week you may also be able to talk to Eilis herself.

If you can't get in to her lessons there are a number of other places that do both private and group lessons. Are you joined a pool already btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Yeah. I am joined the Rochestown Park Leisure Center. Ill give silver springs a call tomorrow. Cheers for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭YouWantWhat

Hogzy

I'm in the same boat as yourself. I rang the silver springs, but you have to be a member to get the lessons. I'm doing lessons at Lota at the moment through the Cork Tri Club - they're ok but more geared towards intermediates and you're just one in a group!

If you find anywhere, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Charles_Graham

Hi all, I am available for advanced swimming lessons.
    I trained under Eddie Campion in Dolphin and went on to do ISA Swim instructor course here in Cork.

If you would like to do one to one, I am avail for most pools.

Cheers
    Graham
    Pm for my details..

Advertisement