Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facebook games that don't require you to pay for them at ANY point

Options
  • 17-11-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hey folks!

I'm usually playing quite a few facebook games but at some point they all start to bore me since all the cool stuff has to be bought with real money and even if I don't mind spending 10 Euros paysafecard on some game I am not willing to spend a LOT more than that for a game that's supposed to be free...
    Now I stumbled upon a game called Ravenskye City that gives you the option to buy stuff BUT there is really NOTHING in it that can't also be gained by asking friends, sending stuff around or doing quests, which is just awesome!

Do you know other games like that? Where you don't have to buy stuff and can still get every item there is?
    Also what do you think about games having you buy stuff? Wouldn't you also prefer games to be like this one? People will buy stuff, anyway... and they also make money with ads...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

That's strange. All the Facebook games I know have something to do with collecting items, sending them to friends, asking them to give you something else instead. That's quite annoying in some cases.
    Well, have you tried Cityville? The Restaurant City, Pet society and so on? These games also accept paysafecards as far as I know. And there is a lot of quests which you can only complete when you have enough friends who help you.
    You could also try some other online games. Do you like MMORPGs?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

I think you got me wrong ^^

What I meant was that you can get EVERY item there is in the game by just having friends send you stuff... I've played Cityville and everything, but there are always some items you can't get without paying for them with real money...

And I do love MMOs of course... but I am looking for games that I can play on work breaks or when I'm out of work but still at the office so they need to be browser based.

Thanks, though ;)

Oh, I see. Sorry, I really got you wrong.
    to be honest, I've never seen such a Facebook game. I even had to register a second account so that I could send items and goods to myself in the games where I had no friends. It's very stressful because I had to log in/log out so often that soon I gave up doing this.
    Ravenskye City - is it like Cityville?

Yeah, I know what you mean, I had multiples for that reason as well - or still do, but I hardly ever use them anymore.

No, it's not like Cityville... or not really.
    You gotta build a city in the sky, but it's Fantasy and story-focused and you got to collect raw material and then use it to build stuff and fight monsters inbetween... I love it :)

I'm going to try it when I'm done with my term paper.
    There was another nice game I've seen on Facebook lately - CastleVille. It was very cute and reminded me of the Age of Empires somehow. But I've played just for some 5 minutes so I cannot tell if it was worth wasting your time, lol.

• Advertisement

I've seen that - it's the new Zynga one, right?
    Like Cityville...
    Looks cute enough but unfortunately Zynga games always tend to get boring pretty fast.
    We'll see, maybe I'll try it.

Well, I know what you mean but I'm still playing it during the breakes! Hate running out of energy exactly on the moment when it gets interesting, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

http://armorgames.com/ Not Bookface but some nice gems--register for free and you can save progress =) loved achievement unlocked 2, and doodle god was great mindless fun

Advertisement