Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Bars & Clubs!

Options
  • 17-11-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all theres a group of us going to london for 2 nights none of us have been there before, we want to book at apartment close to all the bars and clubs. what area should we be looking at to book a place and is there a main street that has all the bars and clubs on it thanks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

not really, there are probably 30+ streets with their own claims to fame.

The closest to a city centre bars / club district is probably Soho, but you could just as easily head for Shoreditch / Hoxton, Islington, Clapham, etc.

What kind of bars / clubs you after?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Am dance / chart music really a good disco bar to start with or a few then hit nightclub. so be best to get an apartment around soho maybe?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Am dance / chart music really a good disco bar to start with or a few then hit nightclub. so be best to get an apartment around soho maybe?

I would imagine you'll pay through the nose for accommodation around Soho, you'd be better off staying somewhere a bit further out and figuring out your bus route home if you're planning on a late night out.

theres 6 of us going ive checked apartments there around soho they range from 130 a night to 250 so i was looking at one and was 170 euros a night thats 340 euros divide by 6 is 56 euros per person for 2 nights that not expensive at all cheaper then staying in hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

theres 6 of us going ive checked apartments there around soho they range from 130 a night to 250 so i was looking at one and was 170 euros a night thats 340 euros divide by 6 is 56 euros per person for 2 nights that not expensive at all cheaper then staying in hotel.
    You're assuming that the owner will be ok with 6 people staying in one apartment - that seems unlikely. Anywhere around Soho that works out at EUR 23 per person, per night, is going to be an absolute kip not fit for human habitation.

• Advertisement

Its ok we found a place on the docklands city wharf for 406 for 2 nights, what be the best disco bars to go to around this area by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Its ok we found a place on the docklands city wharf for 406 for 2 nights, what be the best disco bars to go to around this area by any chance?
    You mean Canary Wharf? That's not really the sort of place I'd associate with night life. I think you'd be better off deciding what part of London you want to spend your time in, then look for a place to stay. I think you're underestimating how difficult (and expensive) it can be to get around London, especially at the weekends (when large sections of the transport network are often closed). And of course, if you're going to be staying out until the wee small hours, you want to be within a relatively short cab ride of your accommodation.

best + disco + docklands is an unlikely combination of words. The bars are expensive, canary wharf area is full of bankers from 5-10 on Friday and then the place empties to become a barren wasteland until monday at 6am when it all starts again. Many miles from the action, unless you want to go slumming in the East End (you don't really)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Echo what djbarry says. Canary Wharf is a place of work only. Banks etc. It's soulless. I recommend Shoreditch or Camden or Clapham if you're into cheese.

cheers all as you can see this why i made the thread no knowlege of the area and as barry said we dont want to be caught in long taxi journeys to bars and nigtclubs to and from where we are staying, heres the place we are looking at:

http://www.citybaseapartments.com/uk/london/city-docklands-apartments.php?destination=London&checkin=27%2F01%2F2012&checkout=29%2F01%2F2012&num_people%5B%5D=5&city_id=1&submit-btn=Search

• Advertisement

cheers all as you can see this why i made the thread no knowlege of the area and as barry said we dont want to be caught in long taxi journeys to bars and nigtclubs to and from where we are staying, heres the place we are looking at:

http://www.citybaseapartments.com/uk/london/city-docklands-apartments.php?destination=London&checkin=27%2F01%2F2012&checkout=29%2F01%2F2012&num_people%5B%5D=5&city_id=1&submit-btn=Search

Bit far out but not a million miles from Shoreditch. If you are going there becuase it's cheaper, fire away. Be prepared to travel to the fun.

Right can ye give me an area where to look for apartment and ill try there see what i find? thanks folks.

Right can ye give me an area where to look for apartment and ill try there see what i find? thanks folks.

Kings Cross. Camden and Shoreditch accessible from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Sorry to hi jack... Also looking for a good spot around soho got a Saturday night :)

thing with Soho is that there are just so many options, from expensive classy joints to dodgy basement bars, strip joints, irish boozers, after-work jagerbombing establishments, wine bars, gay bars, french bistros, dutch pubs, vodka bars and everything in between, so you sorta need to know what you're looking for.

So a Few suggestions:
    For a posh, pricey cocktail : Sketch on Maddox St.
    For reasonably cheap drinking with loud music : Warwick on Brewer St
    For a guiness: The Toucan on Soho Square
    To get thoroughly smashed: DE Hems on Dean St (Chinatown end)
    Trendy bar: Sun and 13 Cantons on Gt. Pulteney St.
    Basement Bar : The Player on Broadwick St.

Advertisement