Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBR 400 Stolen IFSC

Options
  • 17-11-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My flatmate's Black CBR 400 (1999 W ****) was robbed on Tuesday night from our apartment complex in the IFSC.

It was taken from within a gated car park at midnight by 3 young lads, 2 were on the bike and one was keeping watch.

They drilled the lock out and rolled it out of the pedestrian gate then rolled and jumped it to start it and tore off through (yes inside) connolly station and out onto store street.

There is a lot of cctv footage and the guards clocked them as local security rang it in within 30secs and the guards gave chase as far as Ballybrack but lost them.

The guards were fantastic as were the local security lads but they said that the bike was taken for use in a crime no doubt due to the power in the bike. They reckon its gone to ground somewhere (last seen firhouse/ballybrack/maybe tallaght)

The bike is all black except for the white "CBR" lettering. My mate won't get a stolen payout for it but just in case anyone spots it around at least the guards might be able to catch the filthy knacks that took it.

It only came back from the garage on Monday with a new clutch and wasn't locked since my mate left his lock at work. It was parked next to a security hut though insided a coded gated complex.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

Horrible to hear that. Have you a recent photo to put up? and you may aswell put up the full reg! CBR 400 are pretty popular bikes so the reg would help confirm possible sightings! I doubt it'll be up my end of the country but I'll keep an eye out just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

not sure of the reg will check when I get home and photo on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

No help from me I'm afraid, but FYI, a friend of mine told me this happened to his neighbour in the IFSC, about 2 weeks ago...but they couldn't start it, thankfully. A Ducati, in the IFSC underground car park.

Cops come across as being helpful, but in my experience, will do very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Been around Ballybrack loads today and didn't see it. Will keep a eye out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

sorry for your troubles OP - but, looking past this a bit, you and Mr Ducati would want to write to the management company asking how a coded, gated community, with security presence, can have this happen ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

galwaytt wrote: »
    sorry for your troubles OP - but, looking past this a bit, you and Mr Ducati would want to write to the management company asking how a coded, gated community, with security presence, can have this happen ?

He lives beside a area of career criminals, some of the very worst in Dublin. I had my flatmates 5 year old son who lives there explain to me how to hot wire my bike. You could have the best security in the world, if the lads there want it they will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Scum infested - can't make a phone call around here without fear of them stealing it from your hands

Advertisement