Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermot Morgan's early heart attack

Options
  • 17-11-2011 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Any ideas on why some people die of heart attacks so early? The guy died back in 1998 but he was only 45, didn't smoke, wasn't overweight. It seems very unfair. He seemed to be healthy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

sugarman wrote: »
    He was abit fond of the aul cocaine afaik after the success of father ted.

Untrue.
    The cocaine was simply resting in his account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This is bizarre! Is it the anniversary of his death soon or something?

I only ask because, strangely, on of my Facebook friends read the 13 year old article about his death today and it appeared on their Facebook as they read it through the Independent App.......... I thought it was a bit random....... and then this...... hmmm.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A lot of comics have died prematurely because of heart attacks, it could be lifestyle as in the pressure or it could be that people are very good at seeing patterns when there aren't any.
    http://casualcoblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/tragic-comic.html

More a medicine thread rather than a biology thread, but I'd have to delete all the replies before I could move it there.

The heart foundation have been running a campaign recently so hardly suprising that there is more references in the media
    http://www.irishheart.ie/iopen24/heart-attack-awareness-campaign-t-937.html

Biologically our lifestyle is quite different from our ancestors in terms of the diet and amount of exercise we get. Even today hunter gatherers from very different parts of the world excel at chasing down prey over very long distances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Wasn't he 'hounded' by the authorities here? Stress could have killed him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

lads please don't post slurs on the mans character, saying he was a junkie etc. jesus let the dead rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

horsemeat wrote: »
    lads please don't post slurs on the mans character, saying he was a junkie etc. jesus let the dead rest in peace.

Nice bump Einstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

who said "he was a junkie"? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

not much to do with Biology at this stage so closing thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement