Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB wont let me take MY money out! [Problem transferring after 3.30pm]

Options
  • 17-11-2011 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

I tired transfering funds from my AIB account to my Rabodirect Account.

I have done his many times before. However now I get this message.
    Payments to this Financial Institution cannot be made on a business day after 15:30 (local Irish time). For further assistance please contact us at 0818 724724 or +353 1 771 2424. (Ref: 460)

Why is AIB now deciding I cant move my money, this is very new thing.

Any Ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Try before 3.30pm tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have been getting that too when i transfer to the credit union, must be new?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I guess you call them on the number provided or try before 3.30pm. I am sure if you called them you would get an answer as to why cant be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Did a transfer no probs this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

AFAIK the reason you can't the transfers after this time anymore is because the banks have completed their transfers for that day. It used to be that if you tried to do it after 13:30 it could take 3-4 days to hit the receiving account.

They must have decided to tidy things up and simply not allow transfers that they wouldn't be able to put through in a reasonable time frame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Misleading thread title is misleading.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Surely with all the talk of reform this is an area that the Gov should be looking at.

Interbank transfer should be pretty close to immediate and should be able to happen at any time of the day despite what the vested interests tell us.

24hr banking was supposed to make up for the fact that the banks only open 10-4 .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I came across this today also, and I don't get the reason for it. Surely if I do it at midnight, it becomes part of next day. if I do it at 17:00, its next day transaction.

To people who say do it before 3:30, what about people who work in say a factory floor and can't get access to net during the day, or travelling salesmen. Thats the point on online banking, 24 hour banking, you can do it when it suits you, not just when it suits the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Misleading thread title is misleading.

Confusing post is confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

TheDriver wrote: »
    I came across this today also, and I don't get the reason for it. Surely if I do it at midnight, it becomes part of next day. if I do it at 17:00, its next day transaction.

To people who say do it before 3:30, what about people who work in say a factory floor and can't get access to net during the day, or travelling salesmen. Thats the point on online banking, 24 hour banking, you can do it when it suits you, not just when it suits the bank.
    In the past if you missed the deadline for next day transfers which was 1300 the money went into a black hole and would turn up several days later. It would be a kin to sending a second class letter in the UK. Now you can't move money after 1530. Ulster bank have the same procedures.

I sent some money yesterday from UB to a Bulgarian bank online. They money was in my Bulgarian account this morning. I was amazed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Note: I may and probably am incorrect but..

I think its to do with the new EU regulations/SEPA that transfers have to be completed next working day. So if they finish 'doing' transfers at 3.30 they can't take any more as it wouldn't be cleared for 2 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

PTSB have no such restrictions in place.

Advertisement