Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice in this Samsung laptop please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Is there a coupon code available to the public to use when buying this laptop online, or is it an instore offer?

If you can get it below €500 then it's a good deal, I was just looking around to try and find an i5 under €500 and I couldn't find any. So at that price it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Is there a coupon code available to the public to use when buying this laptop online, or is it an instore offer?

If you can get it below €500 then it's a good deal, I was just looking around to try and find an i5 under €500 and I couldn't find any. So at that price it's good.
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-Series-3-NP300E5AA03DX-156andquot-Laptop-Silver/308024/301

Can I cheekily throw in our best shot for a slightly better spec? So, yes, it's a good deal at under € 500. It is below cost certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/SAMSUN...ver/308024/301

Can I cheekily throw in our best shot for a slightly better spec? So, yes, it's a good deal at under € 500. It is below cost certainly.

No problem Declan. It's for a pal of mine who is computer illiterate ! I've run it by him and will get back to you.

Has this one got a cd/dvd burner ?

vicwatson wrote: »
    An Intel HD Audio sound card and built-in speakers provides great sound quality whilst an integrated DVD-rewriter is great for watching your favourite DVDs.

The above is from the spec so no problem there. I posted as I happened to come across the thread while logging on and thought I might as well contribute to the debate and answer the question as it really is a mad deal with the coupon. I don't know much about how the coupon works but it's a bit crazy on a laptop. I have to accept that sometimes people shop elsewhere !

What might be of interest to your pal is a product we sell called 24/7. That's a locall hotline , not for tech support, but for the most basic questions that anyone has on using the web or any application at all. And we access remotely and help along. a no jargon zone and no judgement either. I always thought it would be a good present for someone who's not where they feel they ought to be on using technology and are a bit afraid of being judged negatively or jargonned. And you don't have to have bought the product from us to avail of that. Costs € 80 per year for unlimited support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Core i5 + 6GB memory is bargain for under 500eur!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'm interested in the little woods 20% off coupon for a friend. is it a multi use or a special you got OP?

decent laptop btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

I've had a Samsung R540 with i3 for over a year now and its a fantastic machine! Very little wear and tear on it and I have absolutely punished it, easily 4 hours of use every day between work and college and has been hauled all around Europe with me. Not one part has fallen off OR come loose!

I'm interested in the little woods 20% off coupon for a friend. is it a multi use or a special you got OP?

See over in Bargain Alerts for the coupon codes

What might be of interest to your pal is a product we sell called 24/7. That's a locall hotline , not for tech support, but for the most basic questions that anyone has on using the web or any application at all. And we access remotely and help along. a no jargon zone and no judgement either. I always thought it would be a good present for someone who's not where they feel they ought to be on using technology and are a bit afraid of being judged negatively or jargonned. And you don't have to have bought the product from us to avail of that. Costs € 80 per year for unlimited support.

Can you give me a link to this off your website Declan please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone managed to bag this lappie from littlewoods for 495? No luck for me so Declan if you want to pm me a best price on that alternative I may be interested!

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone managed to bag this lappie from littlewoods for 495? No luck for me so Declan if you want to pm me a best price on that alternative I may be interested!
    http://www.pcworld.ie/category/All-Laptops/301

The website price would be the only one I could go with. When you're putting a package together with the various bits and pieces you need then we have a variety of discounts. But I think everyone knows that margins on the standalone product itself are a bit grim..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

http://www.pcworld.ie/category/All-Laptops/301

The website price would be the only one I could go with. When you're putting a package together with the various bits and pieces you need then we have a variety of discounts. But I think everyone knows that margins on the standalone product itself are a bit grim..

thanks for the reply Declan. Can I ask if the uk offer of £50 voucher for laptops applies in ireland too or not?

click me

sweetie wrote: »
    thanks for the reply Declan. Can I ask if the uk offer of £50 voucher for laptops applies in ireland too or not?

click me
    Afraid not. We're making it hard for you, aren't we ? Then again you'd have to live over there to get that deal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

does this laptop have a hdmi port?? that is the only thing stopping me from pushing the purchase button

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Afraid not. We're making it hard for you, aren't we ? Then again you'd have to live over there to get that deal.....

Another typical sign of RIP OFF IRELAND....SHAME...but nothing new and not surprised...

What exactly is the reason why Ireland doesnt get the same offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Cost of living,wages,insurance,overheads,rent , etc...

but let's not derail this thread,shall we?

Advertisement