Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Meeting on Mental Health

Options
  • 16-11-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

(I stole this from the Dublin forum, thought it's really interesting and deserves publicity. Counsellors etc might want to pass this on to clients and service users)

Dublin Consultative Meeting

Mental Health Reform is holding consultative meeting on community mental health services on December 1st, 2011 at 6.30 pm in the Wood Quay Venue, Dublin City Council Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 2. Please extend this invitation to anyone with an interest in mental health services - in particular we are seeking the views of service users and family members.

This meeting aims to develop a shared understanding among citizens about good quality, community-based mental health services, and the role these play in promoting good mental health.

Community-based mental health services reduce the incidence of suicide as well as reducing admissions to hospital. In these economically strained times, it is vital that people have easy access to community mental health services.

The meetings will provide a forum for honest debate on what a quality mental health service looks like. Please extend this invitation to anyone with an interest in mental health - particularly services users and family members.

As numbers are limited, please confirm your attendance by calling Christine on (01) 612 1422 or by emailing RSVP@mentalhealthreform.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Thanks for reposting this very much appreciated from all at MHR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

While not directly related to the op's event, I thought I would let boardsies know that clinical psychologist and author of best selling books 'Affluenza' and 'Selfish Capitalism', Oliver James, is speaking at the Goethe Institute tommorow evening at 6pm. The event is free.
    I would really recommend heading along to listen to him. I think his views on the effects consumer culture and capitalism are having on our mental health are very accurate.

http://www.goethe.de/ins/ie/dub/ges/en8438626v.htm

Advertisement