Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty iPhoto library

Options
  • 16-11-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I just saved an image to my iPhoto library, and it was the only one there. I had hundreds of photos on my MBP, now I have one. I haven't done anything to iPhoto except add images, and they've never all randomly disappeared before.

Can anyone tell me what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sirgandi

The iPhoto library file may have gotten misplaced. Open your Pictures folder in Finder and check to see if your iPhoto Library file is in there. If so just double click it and iPhoto should open with all your photos intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Thanks, just tried that and it only shows the one photo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Search for "iPhoto library" using finders search or spotlight. The old one may have moved. Although this would be human error...it wouldn't move itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Also check to see if it says there are any hidden photos in top right of iPhoto.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sirgandi

Failing all that, do a search for jpg files and see what it pulls up.

• Advertisement

So I just got home from my aunts house, logged onto my laptop - and then it hit me. I had been on my aunt's MBP earlier; not my own. So um, thanks for the help lads, sorry for the mixup :D:o

Yeah that sorted it gandi, thanks :)

Advertisement