Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo CEM unit

Options
  • 16-11-2011 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi has anybody had to replace a CEM unit (central electronic modular) on a Volvo V50 before? Or do they know of anyone having to have one replaced or do they know anybody who replaces them. i went to volvo but they are looking for mad money. so i was hoping somebody else may have had the same trouble. thanks for looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jmcabally

I had the abs control module replaced on my 2005 S40 last year. Although the car was out of warranty volvo still covered the part. Just labour not covered. Worth a phone call, these parts shouldn't fail!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

jmcabally wrote: »
    I had the abs control module replaced on my 2005 S40 last year. Although the car was out of warranty volvo still covered the part. Just labour not covered.

The Abs unit is a known problem and they have stopped covering 05/06s now.

The CEM unit that the OP is talking about Id say was either damaged in a crash or got wet by going through a flood--Its up under the front wheel arch and Ive never seen one fail without either water damage from a flood or a frontal crash.

Worth a phone call, these parts shouldn't fail!

Honestly--How long of a warranty do you want??Volvo were fair covering these up to and including 2005 cars even when they were 6 years old--thats 4 years outside warranty by the way.Most manufacturers would tell you to get stuffed.

Its like the Throttle body on teh S60--Ive had people look for warranty in a car thats 10 years old....madness.

Advertisement