Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badminton near Ballsbridge

Options
  • 16-11-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Ive moved out to ballsbridge in the last few months and im looking to start playing badminton again after 2 years. I played league at div 5 level and intervarsities back in college. But would love to start playing again.

But since i have no car anymore, i cant really join any of the clubs out in whitehall road because of the distance. I was wondering if anyone knew of any clubs in town, or in the area of D4 or surrounding areas that are accepting members?

Ive contacted epworth and just waiting for a reply. But any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MtPleasantLTC

Hi Neil,

Mount Pleasant LTC is located in Ranelagh which is only a 10/15 minute walk from Ballsbridge & we have a no joining fee offer on at the moment. Give our office manager Dee a call on 497 3733 to discuss membership options and have a read of our website www.mountpleasantltc.ie to see all we have to offer

Dave
    (Club President)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭tony stark

Hi Neil
    Viking Badminton club have four courts on Aughrim st on Monday and two courts on a Thursday in Whitehall rd. http://www.vikingbadmintonclub.com is the website. Or you can contact me at 0879904600. Thanks Ron

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭tony stark

Sorry just saw you cant drive out to Whitehall rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sportsco on South Lotts Road in Ringsend have a good badminton scene - or they did when I was last there which wasn't today or yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Sportsco on South Lotts Road in Ringsend have a good badminton scene - or they did when I was last there which wasn't today or yesterday!
    ESB play out of there - good club spanning a good few divisions too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 MtPleasantLTC

Hi Neil,

Mount Pleasant LTC is located in Ranelagh which is only a 10/15 minute walk from Ballsbridge & we have a no joining fee offer on at the moment. Give our office manager Dee a call on 497 3733 to discuss membership options and have a read of our website www.mountpleasantltc.ie to see all we have to offer

Dave
    (Club President)

Just to clarify, there is a joining fee, but there is no first year joining levy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

g0g wrote: »
    ESB play out of there - good club spanning a good few divisions too.

i checked out sportsco, they are an absolute rip off. and the staff werent that friendly. its getting to that time where i have to join a club or wait til next year :) ill look at mnt pleasent.

Advertisement