Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone newbies up for spins (Leinster/Wicklow-ish)?

Options
  • 16-11-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm based in Wicklow. I know very few bikers, and those that I do know are not the type to ride for fun.

Wondering if anyone is interested in some weekend spins, basically to improve skills (particularly cornering)? I've been riding a bike for a bit over a month, mostly for commuting, but I'm interested in going out with others in a similar situation as it would be easier to learn/improve...

PM me or reply here...

Cheers,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

rat_race wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm based in Wicklow. I know very few bikers, and those that I do know are not the type to ride for fun.

Wondering if anyone is interested in some weekend spins, basically to improve skills (particularly cornering)? I've been riding a bike for a bit over a month, mostly for commuting, but I'm interested in going out with others in a similar situation as it would be easier to learn/improve...

PM me or reply here...

Cheers,
    C

I'm a learner myself but in the UK. At the weekends I just go off in some random direction into the country. After around an hour I start to make my way back.

Gps in my pocket in case I don't know where I am after an hour, which is always!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

sure

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

rat_race wrote: »
    Hey,

PM me or reply here...

Cheers,
    C

I'm in pretty much exactly the same boat, except i live in Clare. But if for some unknown reason you find yourself on the bike many miles from home, which if we're honest is pretty unlikely for a new rider, and you happen to be around this neck of the woods (Clare, Limerick, Galway, Tipp) i'd be happy to go for a spin with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Do nearly all of my riding in the city so I'd be up for heading out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭navangang

im a big newbie myself and would go but my bike is currently in a garage getting fixed.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

Cheers for the replies!

Another guy PM'd me too, and we're planning to go somewhere around Wicklow this Sunday, if the weather isn't utter crap. Route/starting point TBA...meeting around 12.

Nothing crazy, just a couple of hours or so on some nice roads...

Any takers?

P.S., cheers Kev.OC, will keep that in mind. And same to you, if you're ever over this way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I'd be up for this. Living in Kildare but not sure how many weekend trips I'll be able to take before the end of the year. I'm working in retail and have been told I'm working every weekend between now and christmas :(

If you're around midweek at all give me a buzz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'd be up for this next weekend :) Great day for it today though. I'm just late seeing this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

dceire wrote: »
    I'd be up for this. Living in Kildare but not sure how many weekend trips I'll be able to take before the end of the year. I'm working in retail and have been told I'm working every weekend between now and christmas :(

If you're around midweek at all give me a buzz :D

I'm around midweek as I'm not working. So if you're bored/dying to get out, I can meet ya for a quick blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

im in gorey but ride around in wicklow a good bit, ive been riding a couple of years so not exactly a newbie but still always good for a spin, PM me if interested sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I'm around midweek as I'm not working. So if you're bored/dying to get out, I can meet ya for a quick blast.

Cool, I think I may be a busy little bee next week but I may PM you at some stage if you, or anyone else is around for a spin in Kildare/Dublin/Wicklow. I'd love to get to know a few nice routes nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

dceire wrote: »
    Cool, I think I may be a busy little bee next week but I may PM you at some stage if you, or anyone else is around for a spin in Kildare/Dublin/Wicklow. I'd love to get to know a few nice routes nearby.

No worries. Yeah just send a PM and if I'm around, I'll take you on some VERY nice roads! You like twisties I hope! LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 morg

Hi rat race,
    I'm usually out for a spin around Wicklow on Sundays so let me know if you're heading out. I'm not new to bikes but was in your shoes a few years ago so.I drive a 250 so won'tbe too fast .I've no problem giving pointers/showing you a few nice roads

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

Cheers all for the responses! Will be in touch...if anyone fancies a spin this weekend, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

There is a Coasters MCC toy run for Drogheda hospital, meeting in Blackrock, Co Louth this Sunday 4th Dec at 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭The Sheriffk

Fr Dougal wrote: »
    There is a Coasters MCC toy run for Drogheda hospital, meeting in Blackrock, Co Louth this Sunday 4th Dec at 2pm.

be carefull with that fella , he is not a real priest ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

be carefull with that fella , he is not a real priest ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jeez
    , look what the cat dragged in....:D

Watch him folks, he's a real Sherriff.... :eek:

You joining us for the spin on Sunday mate?

Advertisement