Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking tickets for a GP next year and the chance of date changes

Options
  • 16-11-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Story is i have already booked flights for the spanish gp as they where cheep. Now my problem is booking a hotel and tickets for the race i can get a good deal on a hotel for the dates already set and the tickets for the race have 20% off till the end of the month but with all the problems in Bahrain and the new problems with the race in the US i'm now concerned about the possibility of the date for the race being changed even low the calendar was confirmed at the start of sept.

So should i take the plunge and book the tickets and hotel or hold off??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I actually did the same. I booked tickets for the spainish GP ( even though its one of my least favourites) but didnt book any hotel rooms etc as Im planning to take a holiday as part of the GP. My hope is that if the Bahrain GP is cancelled that the Turkish GP will take its place. Thats the talk at the moment. TBH I dont think the Bahrain GP will go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

I can never remember the date of a GP being changed at this late point unless it was cancelled. I dont think Texas or Bahrain will go ahead and Turkey will take one of their spots instead. Simple as that. I have booked Canada for June. Hotels, flights, tickets as soon as the calendar was official. I have no worries at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

The dates are set in stone (barring some Bahrain madness) around early December I believe.

Advertisement