Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a compliment or an insult?

Options
  • 16-11-2011 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I was awarded an award back when I was 21! It was "most improved employee"! It actually had a cash prize! The job I got it for was one I did not initially start at! I worked in one minor role, Saw what the people who interviewed and got accepted would be doing and decided that I wanted to do it! I put pressure on mgt to take me on in that capacity and they eventually accepted due to somebody leaving!

I wonder could I put such an"honor"!? on my CV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Personally, I wouldn't as I generally lol at anyone who gets this, as to me it means that to improve greatly, they must have been doing badly first?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

To be honest as someone who's seen hundreds of CVs I could not care less for what rewards your ex employee(s) have given you short of being a certification of note. Hence I'd not bother to put it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

It really depends on how old you are now and how much experience that you have. Just like junior cert results, there comes a time when you have to let go and leave them off your CV even if you did get 17 As :-)

But if you are <25 with little experience then it may be worth keeping it on a bare CV. Perhaps you could change the name of the award a little so that you can still mention it but it does not have the negative connotations mentioned by others.
    • Award for Achievement.
    • Development Award.
    • Merit Award

While they may not make your CV stand out, it can be a nice hook for describing your talents at an interview.

Advertisement