Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ducklings

Options
  • 15-11-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

looks like the mild weather is confusing everyone, i looked in onto my pond which i have at the bottom of my garden and i have a mallard duck with 15 day old ducklings swimming behind her, 14/11/11. has anyone else seen ducklings this late???. these are not farmyard ducks but mallard which i released onto the pond, they can come and go as they wish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

wow thats amazing

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Wow, what are the chances of any of those Ducklings surviving the winter?
    i assume that with the mild weather so far, they have a good chance, but if/when the weather turns, it may not be so good.
    I haven't seen any on our lake lately, but will keep my eyes open

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭greylag

id say they have a slim chance of survival. would be impossible to catch her and all the ducklings up. would put them in pen if i could

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The weather is more like late April then mid november - have been staying near Boyle C0. Roscommon for the past few days and noticed an amazing amount of insect activity in the woods for the time of year - including hover flies out and about!!:confused:

Advertisement