Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New forum needed?

Options
  • 15-11-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭

A lot of people seem to have posted here lately looking for info on holidays. The threads have been closed as per the charter. However, there seems to be a need for a new forum for people who looking to go on a holiday, be it sun, skiing or whatever. The other forums, from what I see, don't cover this need. The section Independent & Youth Travel is more relevant to young backpackers or people going on longer term more far flung holidays. The package or local holiday isn't catered for. Just a thought.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That's what the main travel forum is for.

The structure of the various travel forums is (or at least was) under discussion by the cmods and admins. Not much else to add really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Sorry, I didn't realise there was a main travel forum. I'm sure a lot of others wouldn't be aware of it either. When you click on the tabs, it's not clear that the 'main' travel tab is a forum and not just a 'director' to sub forums. I'll know in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

That's what the main travel forum is for.

The structure of the various travel forums is (or at least was) under discussion by the cmods and admins. Not much else to add really.

Would it not be easier to simply move the threads from here to the main travel forum, instead of just locking them? I think it could put people off posting here because of it maybe....

On the other hand I could be just rambling though :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

That's a lot of work and does nothing to help people learn ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Users are supposed to read the charters etc before posting in any forum for the first time.

If they had, they'd know not to post queries in the Review forum! :) If they won't take a moment to read it, I can't see why I should take one to help them out. Moving threads isn't a one-click process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement