Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats wrong with Chloe!!

Options
  • 15-11-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just back from work. Chloe was waiting as usual. I let her in. And she's spooked about something in the garden. Barking & trying to get my attention.

So out I go with a torch & search the place. Nothing.

I'm back inside & I've closed the curtains. She wont eat her food (she's a lab) and she's sitting to attention, at me feet, peering at the curtains (and the back door). Every once in a while she walks over to the back door, and then back to me.

What's up with her?

If I didn't believe in ghosts... :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

:eek:

sounds like someone could have been around your house!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

Or a cat/fox/rat/bird

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

the cat/rat/bird tends to get her excited, not spooked. fox? perhaps, but at rush hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What does she do when you take her out - is she barking or spooked? My guy will do stranger danger barks if somebody strange is next door or behind our house and huff and puff like a horse. Would your neighbors have had anyone in doing out the back?

tk123 wrote: »
    What does she do when you take her out - is she barking or spooked?
    She was sticking very close to me, or hanging back at the door. Initally she was doing her stranger-danger bark (or at least her "WTF is that" bark)
    Would your neighbors have had anyone in doing out the back?
    Didn't see anyone in the neighbours.

• Advertisement

Do you have a shed?! If so check for ET :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Could of just been another animal lurking about, I'd be wary about leaving her in the garden on her own for the next few days just in case someone was lurking about out there. Dogs are pretty sensative to change, is there any trouble around your neighbourhood ..any kids that mess about or anything?

Could anyone of been setting off fireworks in the area?

God would somebody have tried to take her!? :( i'd leave her in and set up a webcam!

There are plenty of kids, but they tend to be good, never any hassle. Never!
    That said there is a laneway at the back of the house. It goes nowhere; we're at the end of it & it's a dead end. I've never seen anyone in it. ...but you have me worried now.

...it's a 7foot wall at the back. Someone would hardly try to steal her, would they? It'd be very awkward to lift her over it. And our neighbours are vigilant...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Maybe some sick pig threw a banger over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Hedgehog maybe?

boxerly wrote: »
    Maybe some sick pig threw a banger over?

I hope to fuck not; I doubt it, there's been no bangers this way really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Hedgehog maybe?
    ..a fox or a cat! My hopeful bet would be on those two because their scents are quite strong and he'll be on "watch".

If not, worst case scenario,then there's a human fishin around your gaff...sorry Zulu. Hope ya get some sleep :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

My girl did something similar last week. I let her out the back as usual after her dinner - I was doing the dishes up so was half watching her out of the window. We have a motion light on the back of the house and she'd been out in the back of the garden as it clicked off - which it usually does if she's out that far.

A few minutes later it clicked on as she moved back up the garden towards the house. I had my back to the window at the time - and out of no where - I heard her "OMG OMG OMG" bark that she does occasionally (have heard it most when her favourite visitor comes, a certain cat is in the front garden or the post man arrives and she's still asleep) - so it tends to be over certain issues and I've never heard it coming from the back garden. I look out the window and she's glued to the back wall of the house shaking like a leaf - terrified - opened the back door to coax her in and she keeps doing her "OMG OMG OMG" bark and looking frantically from me to the back of the garden - I could see with my own eyes there wasn't anything there - nothing had been (while I was looking) and it was quite late so all the houses were dark as most were in bed or settled in for the night. So I couldn't logic anything out of it at all - but she was insistent that there WAS something out there!

I started walking up the garden to show her nothing was there to be scared of - and she was following me but had her "ruff" up (the fur on the back of the neck) and giving low growls - and about halfway up the garden she went back into full bark mode and took a few leaps backwards and it was only then that I figured out what her issue was. :rolleyes: The feckin' eejit had seen her reflection in the glass house in the back corner of the garden :rolleyes:

Its not new - its been there longer than she's been with us - but for some reason - her reflection in it had finally caught her eye and to her there was a strange dog she didn't like the look of in our garden! :D:rolleyes::D

So - long story short - it may have just been her reflection or imagination there was something there! Mine certainly made a song and dance about a simple reflection and was terrifed to no end!

Zulu are you still alive? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

. :rolleyes: The feckin' eejit had seen her reflection in the glass house in the back corner of the garden :rolleyes:

!

:D
    I was just about to reply to say its probably an intruder or something and I read this. It reminded me when one of our dogs went bananas one day we were out.....backing off hair up barking running like a lunatic. I though we were about to be robbed or something with all the commotion.

I had been out digging and left a coat hanging on a shovel handle:). well i suppose it looked like an alien:D

We all survived the night, thankfully!

Yea she's done the whole reflection thingie before. When she was little, she use to stick her head into the washing machine door (where the glass bends in) and she her own reflection in there. And start barking at herself in the washing machine. But I don't think it was that.

I'm hoping it was a fox & not a prowler. Eitherways I'm on a halfer today so we'll see what shes up to in a few hours. The crazy bitch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

ppink wrote: »
    I had been out digging and left a coat hanging on a shovel handle:). well i suppose it looked like an alien:D

C'mon ppink! Dontcha know what an incredible danger that intruder was to the whole house?! :D That was a close call your dog saved you from! :D

I wonder if MaxiZoo sell bottles of cop on? :rolleyes:

Advertisement