Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seat Alterations who to go to.

Options
  • 15-11-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭

The pain in my ass that is the saddle on my bike has finally got to me, I've a Z750 and they infamous for their bad seats. I've decided to go down the seat alteration route, after finding out the Corbin's cost ~£300:eek:, and found a couple of places which people have used.

They are CUC Upholstery and Nolan Auto Care. I've never used them or know anyone who has so I'm asking my fellow boardies if they can recommend one or if people have used alternatives who they where? I'm hopping for a gel insert, if it's possible.

I've looked at Airhawk but don't want to have something which needs to be removed for the twisties.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'm on a GS website a lot and this guy's name always comes up, he's supposed to do a great job.
    Not sure of his prices though. But he's in england, so sending the seat over will be a cost:
    http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

There is a guy that I went to up near Charlestown and he did a decent job on my Honda Deauville seat for around Eur50. PM me for his details and i'll get them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I'm on a GS website a lot and this guy's name always comes up, he's supposed to do a great job.
    Not sure of his prices though. But he's in england, so sending the seat over will be a cost:
    http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/index.html

Thanks.

There's a guy on a Zed site who does a great job. But sending to the UK will cost a bit and I'm hoping to keep to an Irish place if possible.
    Papa_Bear wrote: »
    There is a guy that I went to up near Charlestown and he did a decent job on my Honda Deauville seat for around Eur50. PM me for his details and i'll get them to you.

PM sent.

Advertisement