Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top, Ushers Quay, Cheapest Petrol and Diesel in Dublin(??)

Options
  • 15-11-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was passing this place on the bus recently. I have noticed that petrol is presently €139.90 and diesel is €138.80. This is up to 10 cent cheaper than other places. Might be worth taking into account if driving in the area.

http://www.pumps.ie/viewStation.php?stationID=138

(According to price comparison site pumps.ie, it is the cheapest in Dublin, however judge the reliability of this website for yourself)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

per litre or per "litre"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I take it you didn't read the comments below on pumps.ie?

They were recently done for using fuel pumps which "under-measure" the amount of petrol and diesel, so it might not be as good a deal as it looks...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/dublin-service-station-fined-euro14k-for-fuel-overcharging-2927898.html

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Ah take this down as this petrol station was caught over under-measuring the fuel being pumped for 2 years or plus and received a fine of 14000 euro recently!!

Boycott them for their deceit :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They're doing it to save face, and they can fúck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Boycott them for their deceit
    They're doing it to save face, and they can fúck right off.

100%, I wouldn't go in there no matter what they are charging. I hope nobody else does and we can send the right message... but I won't hold my breath on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

There was a huge thread about this in the Motors forum. You can afford to be cheaper than anywhere else when you've been making money by under-measuring for a while, deliberately or otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I filled up last night. Will measure what I get out of it. I reckon it'll be safe for a few weeks before it starts being dodgy again! I normally get 600-650kms out of my 60 litre tank. Will see what I get!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I know this station serves a large area virtually without competition but has anyone noticed other stations lowering their prices in response to this? It's a tempting price since it would be around €5 cheaper for me to fill up here, but I'm not giving in!

Also, do the owners of this station have other other stations that I can also boycott?

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

antodeco wrote: »
    I filled up last night. Will measure what I get out of it. I reckon it'll be safe for a few weeks before it starts being dodgy again! I normally get 600-650kms out of my 60 litre tank. Will see what I get!

What car do you have ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

About 10 years ago I lived opposide this station and it was actually the most expensive in the country.
    There was a report on one of the radio stations at the time.

They got talking to the owner off record and he stated that because he had no competition the laws of supply and demand meant that he could charge more then the average.
    He also said that if he charged the average price then he would sell out and have to close his doors on a regular basis whilst waiting for a new delivery....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,091 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dead air wrote: »
    I know this station serves a large area virtually without competition but has anyone noticed other stations lowering their prices in response to this?
    Maxol Broadstone 145.9c petrol this evening. Think diesel was 144.9c?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

About 10 years ago I lived opposide this station and it was actually the most expensive in the country.
    There was a report on one of the radio stations at the time.

They got talking to the owner off record and he stated that because he had no competition the laws of supply and demand meant that he could charge more then the average.
    He also said that if he charged the average price then he would sell out and have to close his doors on a regular basis whilst waiting for a new delivery....

The actual reason was he had goverment contracts for x amount of years and hence the high price. Now that they have expired and the station changed hands there is a different pricing system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

racso1975 wrote: »
    The actual reason was he had goverment contracts for x amount of years and hence the high price. Now that they have expired and the station changed hands there is a different pricing system

Another one of the main reasons was if you were coming from the Ferry down in Dublin Port needing to fill up, it was the first petrol station you came across if you were going towards the M50/West. Now there is a Topaz down in the port.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Genghis

As I was passing this service station yesterday circa 6:30, there were queues extending from the pumps back onto the bus lane on the quays. Bus drivers & taxi drivers not pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I've long suspected the garage heading towards Templeogue on the Tallaght bypass of under measuring.. didn't think it was an actual done thing though

Advertisement