Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many Racket Sports do you play?

Options
  • 15-11-2011 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

I play tennis & badminton. I find playing badminton is good for my tennis game, especially serving and net play but I find that playing tennis is bad for my badminton game as I feel I move a lot slower on the badminton court after playing tennis.

My tennis double partner plays table tennis and he reckons its very good for learning topspin in tennis.

Something else I noticed with myself and other badminton / tennis players (but obviously can;t quantify) is that badminton players who play tennis are generally very good at scrambling, running down balls and getting back "lost causes" on the tennis court? Anyone else experience this?

What racket sports do you play and do you find they compliment each other well or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

I just play badminton myself but I have heard a lot of badminton players who also play tennis say that tennis destroys their badminton.

Do you find that some of the injuries you get in one racquet sport dont seem to affect you in the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seisen

Repolho wrote: »
    I play tennis & badminton. I find playing badminton is good for my tennis game, especially serving and net play but I find that playing tennis is bad for my badminton game as I feel I move a lot slower on the badminton court after playing tennis.

My tennis double partner plays table tennis and he reckons its very good for learning topspin in tennis.

Something else I noticed with myself and other badminton / tennis players (but obviously can;t quantify) is that badminton players who play tennis are generally very good at scrambling, running down balls and getting back "lost causes" on the tennis court? Anyone else experience this?

What racket sports do you play and do you find they compliment each other well or not?

I play racquetball, tennis and badminton. I too find that tennis is bad for my badminton game. Unfortunately, I haven't played anything since last October when I broke my ankle playing badminton! Third time I've broken an ankle - and all playing badminton. Maybe I should stick to racquetball and tennis!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

My badminton turns awful after I play tennis.... Try hitting the shuttle with topspin or something... Also used to play table tennis an I was terrible if I played tennis the previous few days.... So just gave up tennis....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 memind

I play tennis but would play badminton and table tennis if there was somewhere close to play where I live.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Have played tennis mainly, but last 3 or 4 years haven't played much at all. Also a bit of table tennis in college. Was much better at tennis than table tennis.

Have never played Badminton but wud love to, but seems hard to find a club for beginners in Dublin. Most want players who are ready to join teams for leagues. If anyone knows of somewhere that does badminton training, or encourages beginners then post it up or pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

Ye will all just have to move to Cork as there are plenty of clubs in city and county that would love to have adult beginners of any age. The more the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

One, tennis. I find it difficult to get used to playing a second one after that. Better to stick with the one you like / play most of, I think...for me anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

One Tennis . But its true about badminton improving a tennis game ... I got destroyed by a good badminton player in tennis - thought it would be easy ...

6-2 6-2 ... :(

Advertisement