Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bark Control Unit?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has tried this?

http://www.petsafe.ie/magento/index.php/bark-control/outdoor-bark-control-unit.html

We have the spray collars at the moment but the little feckers can take them off each other! Just for the few days a week we both work the neighbours are complaining so we have to do something :(

I know a number of people who got these, including neighbours. I could hear the thing activating from two houses away, so not only does it make noise that's unpleasant to dogs, it's a tad irritating for humans too. They installed it a year or so ago.
    My dogs are not left outside at all unless I'm with them. They're not big barker's but they will bark at a cat or the odd occasional thing. I've no problem with that. What I have a problem with is that they feel the brunt of my neighbour's anti-bark system. I do not like a punishment of this kind being foisted on my dogs.
    That, and the fact that I've been listening to my neighbour's dogs barking all morning. All yesterday morning too. And every day they're left alone outside.
    Which means my neighbour's anti-bark device is just as effective as all the other people's that I know. It works for a few weeks, and then the dogs become habituated to it so it stops working.
    A waste of money, and as with all of these Damn devices, you're simply putting a bandage on a wound, not addressing the cause of the barking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Agree with DBB. You need to adress the problem, if it comes to it you should keep them indoors when you are away. Barking could be due to boredom if they are barking so much that you needed to use the collars in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Hey thanks for the replies, at least I know not to waste my money! Yeah they are indoors mostly, same problem tho, well one of them, barks nonstop and no amount of filled kongs/treats/bones/toys will distract him, as they are all untouched when we get back. They are indoors in the morning time and then relatives come to let them out around lunch to give them a change of scenery, and we let them in the second we get home. This is only a max of 3 days a week, sometimes 2 days, sometimes none, as we work shift, however for the time they are outside the neighbours are complaining, tho they complain when they're in too as he can still be heard :(

Advertisement