If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 42" LCD / LED

Options
  • 15-11-2011 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a new 42". I would preferably like an LED but that will depend on price.

Can you recommend 1 or 2 for me based on the info below.

Any that I've looked at before were LG as I like LG but if there was a better deal then I wouldn't be stuck on LG.

Will be used for movies and xbox mostly.
    USB playback
    DLNA would be a nice extra but not essential

Is there much difference in 50Hz and 100Hz?

Thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Paul

I have a few options for you to have a look at.

I can refine the options if you could give me a budget that you had in mind..

This part of our website will give you an overview of what we have Philips TV wise - a pretty wide range as you'll see:)

Our LED TV's in 40" screen size start with 40PFL5606H
    This is an Edge Lit LCD
    1080p Full HD
    100Hz Perfect Motion Rate
    USB handles most file types
    Not DNLA complient however - you can plug your computer into it via the VGA or HDMI input on the TV

This TV comes in at €749.99

Higher up the food chain you'll find the Philips 42PFL7606H
    Once again it's a Edge Lit LCD
    Offers a 42" screen size
    3D Ready (Passive)
    1080p Full HD
    400Hz Perfect Motion Rate
    USB handles most file types
    Is a SMART NET TV and DNLA
    offer more connections - 4x HDMI rather than the 3 on the 5 series TV

An excellent TV that sells for for €999.99

If they are a little more than you wanted to spend check out our 4 series range - the 42PFL4606H

This TV is a standard LCD TV that shares a lot of the feature set of the 40PFL5606 except it features 400Hz Perfect Motion Rate inplace of LED backlighting.
    Its not DNLA complient however

This TV comes in at €649.99
    All will happily play nice with your XBOX 360 and will handle the most files via USBWe have these all on display and will be happy to demo them

With a TV of this size I'd say go for 100Hz or faster over a 50Hz TV - they handle motion with less judder/jerkiness and I feel render motion much more smoothly - again I can demo this instore

If you see something here onr on our site that takes your interest let me know and i'll do a Boardies Special Price

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my budget is only €500 to €550 at the minute. What would be the best TV in that price range that you could suggest.

DLNA was only a nice to have and I didn't think I'd get it in my price range. I will have the xbox under the TV anyway which is linked to the server with all the movies so its not really needed.

Do you only carry Philips TVs?

Thanks,
    Paul

Hi Paul

I have two options that fall with in your price range to check out

I'll start with a 42" Screen

The Philips 42PFL3606H

This is a 50Hz LCD TV
    It is a 1080p Full HD model
    It uses our Digital Crystal Clear Image processor
    You get 2x HDMI and Scart inputs plus USB, VGA etc
    Its a Saorview certified TV as well

This TV has been reduced to €549.99

The 42PFL3606 forms the foundation of our range and for its price is a nice TV for sure

but........

I'm going to take a few inches away from you (sorry 'bout that:o) and recommend the 37PFL4606H

This TV is the smaller version of the 42PFL4606H I mentioned in the earlier post.
    This TV is A MUCH BETTER TV in pretty much all regards over the 42PFL3606
    Its a 400Hz Perfect Motion Rate TV and handles motion with greater grip and fluidity - something you can see easily.
    It has a faster response time of 2ms (compared to 5ms on the 3 Series TV) so will be better suited to games
    It features our powerful Pixel PLus HD image processing engine which helps extract every last drop of detail from the signal.
    It has 3x HDMI rather than the 2 found on the 3 Series TV

What you loose in size you gain in image quality - a fair trade off:) (there is alway the 42PFL4606H however........)

This TV has been reduced from €599.99 to €549.99 so falls in tyou budget.
    Its a really nice TV and I'm sure you'll prefer it over the 3 series when you see it in action.
    We actually have them side by side so you can check 'em out together.

Check out the specs and let me know what you think

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I would like to stick with the 42 as I already have a 32 and the room the new TV is going in would need to be 42.

The 42 that you mentioned for €549 is actually in Harvey Norman and Euronics for €498 and €499 at the minute.

Thanks for your time anyway

Paul

Hi again Paul

Well I cant have someone else being cheaper!

I'll pm you a price on the 42PFL3606H now

I have 'em in stock if you'd fancy one

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Paul.

We would also have an LG model.

This is the LG 42LK530 which is a full HD 42".

I could do this at €549 including delivery.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

paulztag wrote: »
    Hi Ash,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I would like to stick with the 42 as I already have a 32 and the room the new TV is going in would need to be 42.

The 42 that you mentioned for €549 is actually in Harvey Norman and Euronics for €498 and €499 at the minute.

Thanks for your time anyway

Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.