Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive commission charged to lodge cheque in AIB

Options
  • 15-11-2011 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I received a Bank of Ireland cheque in the post as a refund for an item I returned to the seller.

The company that I received the refund off is a Northern Ireland company, but has an account set up especially for customers south of the border.

When I went lodge the cheque to my AIB current account, I was told the commission fee was €19.00. The value of the item I returned was €960.

This commission charge seems very high. How does the charge breakdown, and how could I avoid it in future? (At the time of asking for the refund, I gave the guy my Bank Account number, sort code, bank address, IBAN and BIC numbers... so he could do a bank transfer, but instead I got the cheque -- I had originally paid for the item with a bank transfer; don't know why he used a cheque to refund me).

Any ideas welcome,
    Paul.

Comments

Advertisement