Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview didn't feel like an interview

Options
  • 15-11-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Today I did an interview for bord na mona I was delighted I was picked for one but, to me it didn't feel like an interview. When i went in I was told how many applied and the all that then the interviewer put me down for each apprenticeship going I found that odd but I wasn't going to complain about that. I wasn't asked any of the basic interview questions it was just straight down to the point of what I know and can do in engineering and they seemed to be impressed.I was asked a lot about the company I worked with before, they did any amount of engineering work for BNM in the past. There was nothing about strengths or usual questions you would get from searching them in google.

What I want to know is this a good or bad thing? I felt it was a good interview just want to know anyone have an interview like this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Was it a HR person that interviewed you or an engineer?
    I was interviewed for a technical job and all they wanted to know was what I did before and what I could do for them, I wasn't asked any of those "typical" interview questions and I was offered the job so I wouldn't take it as a bad sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kearney13

Yeah I was interviewed by HR person alright she didn't say to much to me it was mainly the man talking asking all the engineering questions, only real usual question I was asked was, what do I know about our company.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If its questions specific to the engineering field then you should be fine though. Some job interviews focus mainly on the career field and asks questions mainly on that if the role and career field is very specific. If they asked general questions about teamwork and so on you get most things covered.

I see what you mean that you might not have been asked many questions.
    Every interview is different but like I said if its in a specific area they want to know do you know your stuff so it be competency type questions they'll ask specifically rather than going into too much detail about your CV or application.

I wouldn't consider it an unusual question. They just want to see how much of an interest you have in the company for working for the company and how well you know about the industry.

Advertisement