Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour Europe, Asia 2012

Options
  • 14-11-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hey

I'm planning a tour around Europe, starting April 2012. Plan on camping as much as possible, keeping things cheap.

Anybody interested? Would be great to get a group together.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Where exactly are you going? And have you done anything like this before?

I'd be careful about touring with people you don't know, especially if they haven't done anything on a similar scale before. Long distance touring isn't for everyone and you don't want to be stuck with someone who's going to be complaining about the rain or the food or the mileage.

Get in a few miles with whoever you're going with around Ireland anyway before you agree on spending a few weeks or months on the road with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

Where exactly are you going? And have you done anything like this before?

I'd be careful about touring with people you don't know, especially if they haven't done anything on a similar scale before. Long distance touring isn't for everyone and you don't want to be stuck with someone who's going to be complaining about the rain or the food or the mileage.

Get in a few miles with whoever you're going with around Ireland anyway before you agree on spending a few weeks or months on the road with them.

Good advice. I'm planning a 4,500m tour from Oslo, east through to Helsinki, across to mainland Europe and then west to join the EuroVelo Route 5 at Lille, before finishing in Kiev.

I am happy to do the trip solo but if there was somebody who I thought i'd get on with, it would be ideal. Even if only part of the way!

I will be training in Ireland and i'm starting from scratch but I am restless and need an adventure. I know it's a massive trip but I'm quietly confident in myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭radiat

gulp :eek:

Advertisement