Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

honda cr 125 two-stroke wont start!!HELP

Options
  • 14-11-2011 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

my brother bought a cr 125 4 days ago and its was running perfect when he got it, its a 05 bike, anyway he put a fuel mix into it today 33.3 two stroke wit 5 litres of petrol, he let it warm and all before driving it and when he went driving the bike it just cut out and wont start now, we tried pushing it and kick starting but no joy, he realised then that the mix should have been 83.3 to 5 litres, so he added in the extra 50 shook it round and still no joy, from the looks of it the bike is flooded, anyone know how to solve this or what the problem is?! thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Sounds like it's flooded. All you can do is wait and try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Sounds like it's flooded. All you can do is wait and try again later.

wait for what, a miracle? try a new plug. before you put it in check for a spark. It's possible you melted the piston ring to the piston with such a lean fuel mixture but i doubt it as it was just idling. If there is spark and it still won't start, strip and clean the carb. If that doesn't work, pull the barrel and make sure the piston isn't damaged

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

nala89 wrote: »
    my brother bought a cr 125 4 days ago and its was running perfect when he got it, its a 05 bike, anyway he put a fuel mix into it today 33.3 two stroke wit 5 litres of petrol, he let it warm and all before driving it and when he went driving the bike it just cut out and wont start now, we tried pushing it and kick starting but no joy, he realised then that the mix should have been 83.3 to 5 litres, so he added in the extra 50 shook it round and still no joy, from the looks of it the bike is flooded, anyone know how to solve this or what the problem is?! thanks in advance!!
    How much oil did you mix into the first 5 litres?
    It looks like you mixed in 33.3mls for 5 litres is that correct?
    Because thats 150:1 and if you tried to run it at that ratio it has probably partially siezed and smeared the piston.
    Even at 83.3 mls to 5 litres is 60:1 which is still too lean an oil mix.
    I mix my 2 stroke stuff at 40:1 with the best full synthetic ISO-EGD I can buy.
    125mls for 5 litres is 40:1 some people use even more oil @32:1=155mls per 5 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gardoyle27

CJhaughey wrote: »
    How much oil did you mix into the first 5 litres?
    It looks like you mixed in 33.3mls for 5 litres is that correct?
    Because thats 150:1 and if you tried to run it at that ratio it has probably partially siezed and smeared the piston.
    Even at 83.3 mls to 5 litres is 60:1 which is still too lean an oil mix.
    I mix my 2 stroke stuff at 40:1 with the best full synthetic ISO-EGD I can buy.
    125mls for 5 litres is 40:1 some people use even more oil @32:1=155mls per 5 litres

most newer 2 strokes (04-05) run at 2% oil, 100ml - 5litres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nala89

thanks for all your help lads, he took the carb out today and cleaned it and put in a new mix of 125ml with 5litres, also put in a new plug gave her a kick and it started on the button and driving perfect, thanks again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

gardoyle27 wrote: »
    most newer 2 strokes (04-05) run at 2% oil, 100ml - 5litres

The main reason that modern 2 strokes run a 50:1 mix is for emissions.
    I would not like to run any less than a 40:1(2.5%) mix personally. I know you can probably get away with 50:1 but you will be replacing pistons and rings a lot sooner.
    Its a trade-off more power vs longer engine life.
    I am not a racer so I don't need to extract every last % of power from the engine and I like my bikes to last a long time so I use good quality synthetic at 40:1
    Everyone has an opinion about oil ratios but 2t engines suffer more from too little oil than too much.

Advertisement