Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XO podcast

Options
  • 14-11-2011 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

XO is a podcast made by a guy called Keith McNally, which is hard to describe, stories about people. But its really compelling to listen to, its super interesting stories.

http://www.keithcourage.com/xo/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

On seeing your post I downloaded one not knowing what to expect. It was the last one with your man Sean whatshisname (Scot?) from the comedy button. Initially I thought "jebs, WTF is this", but listen a little longer and I agree its absolutely compelling listening - Just sorry that the episode was too long and had to turn it off to head indoors to work. Will have to wait til later to finish it. If they are all of that style and interest, I think they'll be a regular listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Scott Bromley. Yeah that was good. If I could make a reccomendation, 017 - black coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That Scott Bromley story was amazing. Really compelling stuff.

Had to stop listening to it and take a break during that part when he was talking to his mum. Really raw stuff. Very hard not to be touched by that. I think I'm coming down with a cold. Yeah that's it. A cold. :)

I'll have a listen to black coffee later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

cloud493 wrote: »
    If I could make a reccomendation, 017 - black coffee.
    Mr E wrote: »
    I'll have a listen to black coffee later.

Very very different but equally compelling. A mark of a good podcast has to be getting annoyed that you have to turn it off with 10 minutes to go in order to head into work :) Ah well, theres the first 10 minutes of my go home commute sorted. \o/

I've listened to them all now more or less, and they're all pretty good :)

• Advertisement

A new one came out last night.
    The story of Richard Garriott, one of the first private citizens to travel into space.

It's the same Richard Garriott behind the Ultima games, so it should be good listen.

A new one came out last night.
    The story of Richard Garriott, one of the first private citizens to travel into space.

It's the same Richard Garriott behind the Ultima games, so it should be good listen.

I thought it was pretty good :) Fairly unique podcast, listening to past episodes is still fun.

Advertisement