Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural deterrent to cats spraying in the house

Options
  • 14-11-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd share this one I made up:
    Cats hate nothing more than citrus, just hold an orange up to a cats nose to test this!
    Mix about 30/40 drops of pure aromatherapy orange oil in a water spray bottle and fill with water, shake and spray areas where the cat sprays, mine likes corners of couches, curtains etc..
    It really works, and is cheap, refreshes fabric too. Be sure not to spray it too close up in case it stains.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

neutering before they start spraying is even better;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

planetX wrote: »
    neutering before they start spraying is even better;)

I have a cat who was neutered when she was young, didn't stop her starting to spray a few years ago. She has been to the vet a few times, and its not a medical issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

BOTH my boy cats are neutered, but the oldest one age almost 2 still sprays/marks. The smell is quite faint, not like a non-neutered cat, but I still dont like it indoors.
    Also found a natural remedy for ear mites, thats a lot cheaper than the 10 euro spot on one, whereby you make a cone out of paper with a pointy end, put a wee bit if sulphur powder in it and blow it down their ears.

Advertisement