Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery Relationships

Options
  • 14-11-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have done some work for an Independent charity that deals with addiction recovery, It is unaffiliated and run for addicts by addicts. It is based in the North West and has recently expanded into Northern Ireland and is now looking to move into the West.

Would you use this service over the traditional AA type services, I might also add it is a free service funded by the HSE and fundraising. The one thing I have noticed is how nearly all members seem to be very relationship orientated. Is this usual?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

IMO anything or organisation that can help people in recovery has to be welcomed as you cannot put the same shoe on every foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I totally agree with you, I just found it strange that a good deal of the lads and ladies there seemed to be looking for a relationship! Then again I guess when I am in one and all I would think of is heading to the pub or places that people in recovery would attempt to avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Again IMO, People who are going through recovery & are being successful with it feel like they have a brand new life and expect everything and everyone else around them to feel the same way,of course its not like that,But when you have that feelgood factor sure it seems nothing can go wrong and It is said that in our journey we hook up with people who have the same mindset & goal as ourselves which can offer us opportunities to heal. It is because it is an issue within you that needs healing and like minded people are fulfilling a role to bring it to the forefront to assist you. which in turn makes us more attracted to them and that you have found your soulmate.

LOL just read that back and it reads a bit crazy.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Makes a lot of sense really, And I wish them the best, prob brings me to another point, the all use mainly online services, dating sites to meet, One I seen was http://www.recoveringlove.net/, I never even knew there was dedicated sites for people in recovery!!

Guess there is something for everything today :)

Advertisement