Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archos Help.

Options
  • 14-11-2011 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i'm new around these parts so sorry if i posted in the wrong section.

I'm considering treating myself to an Archos Internet Tablet wotsit, this one here http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-8164.aspx

i currently have a toshiba satelite pro laptop with windows 7 and i just thought the tablet would be a nice gimmicky kind of thing to own. i'd say 95% of my laptops work right now is internet useage.

i'm really just wondering are they any good or are they just a waste of money? are they practical day to day or do they have any advantages over a regular laptop.

thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

That's what it is - a nice gimmicky thing to own - I have a laptop but find myself using the Archos 7o more and more because it's just so easy to take around with you.

Internet use is excellent and at a price a hell of a lot cheaper than the Galaxy's/Ipads etc.

The 10" one was on sale in a special offer in all HMV 's last week for €150 which was a fantastic offer but they may be sold out. I believe that Peats have the 10" on sale for €199.

Be careful not to end up with a similar looking machine called the Arnova which is a piece of crap.

To finish - great for browsing/checking emails and using an app you can get full access to the Android market and all its apps. There is a new version (both 8" and 10") coming out this month called the Archos 80 G9 and the Archos 100 G9 - check out Pixmania etc. Dearer and quicker. I wouldn't bother as you are doubling your cost nearly.

Oh - and it's grand for playing movies too!

Advertisement