Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Singer Joins Power Quest

Options
  • 14-11-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

From a Napalm Records Press Release earlier today

POWER QUEST are pleased to finally reveal the identity of their new frontman, so please welcome Colin Callanan to the Power Quest family!
    Colin, 31, is from Galway, Ireland and will make his live debut with the band in Wakefield on November 27th. The show will be streamed "live" on the web!

Previously Colin has been heard fronting his own projects "Dark Crystal" and "Karuna". You can check out Karuna here www.myspace.com/karunaweb

Steve Williams commented, "We are thrilled to welcome Colin into the band. He impressed each and every one of us at his audition a couple of months back, and he really understands what Power Quest is all about. His voice and personality are exactly what we have been looking for. Welcome aboard brother!"

Colin added, "I'm really happy to be joining PQ! I've been following the band since their very first demo release and have already been singing PQ songs for many years to help me keep my vocal skills up to scratch. I've always thought it would be great to get the opportunity to sing with an internationally acclaimed outfit such as Power Quest, and was really glad when I got the invite from Steve to come over and jam with the band to see how the chemistry is. Well it was really cool hanging out with the PQ family over those days, and I tried to give them a good blast of my voice in the rehearsal room so they could see if my technique and style was what the band is after. We both agree it's a good match, and I'm really enthusiastic about being the new voice of PQ and offering as much as I can to the band on the old songs, as well as working with the guys to write new material together. I look forward to many gigs and tours, and plenty of craic as we say in Ireland!"

Colin’s debut show will be broadcast live. Check in on the 27th here: http://snootyfoxlive.com/live-stream/

This is the band live in London earlier this year, without Colin, to give you an idea of their sound.....

Congratulations to another Irishman on joining the ranks of an International touring band

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

From a Napalm Records Press Release earlier today

POWER QUEST are pleased to finally reveal the identity of their new frontman, so please welcome Colin Callanan to the Power Quest family!
    Colin, 31, is from Galway, Ireland and will make his live debut with the band in Wakefield on November 27th. The show will be streamed "live" on the web!

Previously Colin has been heard fronting his own projects "Dark Crystal" and "Karuna". You can check out Karuna here www.myspace.com/karunaweb

Steve Williams commented, "We are thrilled to welcome Colin into the band. He impressed each and every one of us at his audition a couple of months back, and he really understands what Power Quest is all about. His voice and personality are exactly what we have been looking for. Welcome aboard brother!"

Colin added, "I'm really happy to be joining PQ! I've been following the band since their very first demo release and have already been singing PQ songs for many years to help me keep my vocal skills up to scratch. I've always thought it would be great to get the opportunity to sing with an internationally acclaimed outfit such as Power Quest, and was really glad when I got the invite from Steve to come over and jam with the band to see how the chemistry is. Well it was really cool hanging out with the PQ family over those days, and I tried to give them a good blast of my voice in the rehearsal room so they could see if my technique and style was what the band is after. We both agree it's a good match, and I'm really enthusiastic about being the new voice of PQ and offering as much as I can to the band on the old songs, as well as working with the guys to write new material together. I look forward to many gigs and tours, and plenty of craic as we say in Ireland!"

Colin’s debut show will be broadcast live. Check in on the 27th here: http://snootyfoxlive.com/live-stream/

This is the band live in London earlier this year, without Colin, to give you an idea of their sound.....

Congratulations to another Irishman on joining the ranks of an International touring band

Holy **** he is one of my mates, he kept that quite!!

Well done bro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

best of luck to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Colin is a gent, a really sound down to earth fella, I'm delighted for him. For the record he's from Tubbercurry co.Sligo, not Galway but thats just details.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Here they are in Belgium
    Power Quest - Edge of Time

Advertisement