Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing My Bunny

Options
  • 14-11-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all i have a question i cant seem to get an answer to maybe you guys can help.
    I have two male bunny's both are intact The big guy dice is about a year and a half old and the little guy red is 6 months old. I'm getting red fixed on thursday as he keeps spraying me and keeps attacking dice and is all around the aggressor.

The problem i'm having is i would really rather not get dice fixed if at all possible as he isn't aggressive in the least towards red or me and he already acts like a neutered bunny he's got a really laid back personality. When red was a tiny baby before puberty dice didn't mind him being around and they did bond pretty well. I'm hoping once red's hormones level out things will work out like they used to be before red hit puberty.

So the question is can you have a pair of male bunnys when only 1 is fixed? bearing in mind dice isn't causing any trouble now so that should help situations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Get Red neutered and give him about 5 to 6 weeks for his hormones to calm down, and see how you go from there. You can get Dice neutered before he hits 3 years of age if you do want to have him neutered ..of course buns can be neutered after that age but before 3 is better when they are younger and at their strongest.

You can have a pair of rabbits with only one that is neutered, each family set up is different so just depends on how you're guys get on but neutering should calm Red down but he might always be 'the boss' but it will cut down or should actually cut out the spraying and he'll calm down.

I would encourage anyone to neuter/spay all their rabbits but it's up to yourself. Here's a link to my site there's a few basic things on it to help bunnys before and after their op. http://www.freewebs.com/guineapigcottage/ourrabbitpage.htm

Advertisement